• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More meat for the freezer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootemup

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I was actually squirrel hunting this morning with my new Tennessee rifle, when this gal gave me a broadside shot at twenty-five yards:

Tennesseeflinterdoe.jpg

I do apologize for the quality of the pic, believe it or not it was the best one I had. Most weren't even usable. :cursing:

I hope everybody has a great hunting season this year, been real good for me so far. :grin:

:hatsoff:
Spot

Nice Deer! :thumbsup: What caliber were you using?I wish in Pa. we could do both at the same time.

Hey 410-er,

I was using a .40, which is the smallest legal caliber for deer and the largest legal caliber for small game in my state. To be honest, I could use anything that's legal for deer on squirrels during blackpowder or modern firearms season - but the .40's fun. :grin:

Spot

I think the picture tells the story. It appears you were squirrel hunting, looked up and saw a deer way up the the tree, shot the deer, reached for you cell phone camera, realized the deer was about to land on you, jumped out of the way as you threw your rifle at her, and snapped a pic over your shoulder as you were jumping to safety. Whenever that happens to me, my pics are a little fuzzy also. :rotf:

Seriously Spot, that's like three for you now! Do you do your own butchering? If so, you must be a busy man. Congrats again, I don't think you'll be buying meat for a while :thumbsup: . Bill

snowdragon said:
I think the picture tells the story. It appears you were squirrel hunting, looked up and saw a deer way up the the tree, shot the deer, reached for you cell phone camera, realized the deer was about to land on you, jumped out of the way as you threw your rifle at her, and snapped a pic over your shoulder as you were jumping to safety. Whenever that happens to me, my pics are a little fuzzy also. :rotf:
:rotf:
Hey snowdragon,

Yessir, I do my own butchering, actually can't go out again for deer until I make some room in a refrigerator. I like to age them for a few days, but plan to go ahead and do the first one tomorrow so I can make some room. :grin:

I only have a buck tag left for my home zone, so I may get picky now.

:hatsoff:
Spot

Nice deer I have seen southern Arkansas deer and that one looks big. I got one with a bow and found they do well if they age a week in the fridge(I bone mine out to save room)just drain off the blood daily from the tubs you keep them in. We had some hot temps so I chilled mine in the freezer then moved it to the fridge. Good luck with the rest of the season.

:hatsoff: Great job Spot! Your story is another example that smaller bore ML's are more than capable of taking deer if used by a kowledgeable shooter and an approporiate range! :thumbsup: :applause:

Back