• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ML

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smk50

40 Cal.
Reaction score
In nebraska, we have a rifle/firearm season, and a muzzleloader season. I must be really special here as im not using a scope, or a centerfire, or even an inline, Im using my plain old caplock .50. I must really be an idiot. LOL

Reminds me of a hunt many years ago. I was hunting with my uncle and we got razzed by a bunch of young yahoos because we were hunting with sidelocks during centerfire season. One of them said "let's see who gets their deer first, if you get one at all". I just told him politely "I wasn't aware it was a race" and went on my way. It was a good feeling as we both packed out our deer that evening and passed the same yahoos coming out empty handed. I didn't say anything to them, but I made sure they saw us.

Wyoming, except for a few areas, has no muzzleloading season. I have always gone out with the scoped rifle people and did just as well if not better than they did.

Too many people think the gun they use will be a magic want to bring in the deer. This is the same mind set you see with a lot of center fire and most inline ML people.

They don't realize that they cannot get an animal until they get up where they can see him and be able to hit him when they do. If you get within the right range almost any rifle will do the job if you hit an animal in the right spot.

Latest posts

Back