• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ML shops in Boston area?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FelixD

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'll be in the Boston area next week for work. Are there any worthwhile shops in the area? Thanks.

Felix D:

Depending on where in Boston.... Kittery Trading Post in Maine is about an hour to an hour and 30 minutes north of Boston. Pretty good selection of powder and accessories, used muzzleloader selection can be a bit thin, but they do have them - pistols and rifles. Just accross the Maine border.

Mike F

Mike F

They put big red trigger locks on the original muskets in the state house :rotf:
They are at least 75 feet up in the air on a wall.
I wouldn't waste my time looking for any gun shops in Boston..
Kittery trading post is you best bet.

plenty of guns in Boston, look for the guy on the street corner with his pant leg rolled up his pants half-way down his butt and his hat side-ways on his head...don't bother with those folks you see working for a living...they can't have guns...Lee

FelixD said:
Ok Thanks everyone

Sorry, but their right on...that's the most liberal lefty leaning place on the earth......

Instead of going to Boston, just head on west about 11 hours and you can visit the Log Cabin Shop

Plenty of gun shops around the state. When you get to Boston, you can look them up in the phone book. Biggest problem is the Boston traffic--it's more dangerous than an Uzi!

Hunters Rendezvous is located at 147 South Road Pepperell, MA 01463 Good selection of Muzzleloader and single shots. (about 40 mins from downtown)
Plus a mini museun in the back room. http://www.huntersrendezvous.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. Nothing like slinging political arrows.

I lived in the Boston area for 20 years. It is a great place with wonderful people and a fantastic historically conscious culture overall.

I wish we could cut out the typical right wing born attacks from being in this traditional muzzleloading forum. The relentless sniping and Limbaugh-like slander is not helping anyone.

I will be the first to admit that I am biased as my exposure to people from Boston is limited. I just know that the ones that I have met were the definition of Liberal. Add to that the whole Kennedy thing...

Muzzleloaders you pack very carefully and ship by U.P.S. or the Post Office. Antiques the same.

Modern guns go F.F.L to F.F.L. unless you are shipping your own firearm out for repair or restocking or some such. Then you can ship it back and forth--door to door--because there is no change in ownership. All in all, no big deal. I have no idea how much more restrictive this is than other states.

Oh, and I ain't no damn liberal. I am a reasonable and moderate individual who thinks we need more men like Ronald Reagan and the Founding Fathers and Teddy Roosevelt. And George Patton, too, for good measure. And Charleton Heston!

Shooter, that reply was in no way aimed at you - yours was just the last post. I was responding to Zoar. I apologize for hitting the wrong button...

well Russ, i have recently discovered diff states have diff rules, i was asking about the store in Mass,,,for example, in NC legally a list of the shipped items, package subject to list verificaqtion, must be provided the shipper,,,at least that is what they are telling my sister.....Pork Chop, same thing happened to me the other day, no sweat, shucks i don't even know for sure which button to hit..LOL...how are things Pork?..PT me when you get the chance...Lee

I can't remember any one even asking me what was in the box. I always write "FRAGILE" in several places and maybe they figure guns aren't fragile. But I've never heard of anyone having any problems. Antique guns and muzzleloaders are no trouble and no licenses are needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be the same as anywhere else. I live in MA and have had all manner of Black Powder firearms shipped to me from all over the place. In MA, you need a permit (FID/LTC)to own modern firearms and to buy ammunition for modern firearms. If you are a resident, you need at least an FID to buy black powder (just the powder) but you don't need anything but 18 years of age to buy the gun itself. Non-Residents need a MA hunting license to buy ammo or powder.

Years ago, when I lived in Mass, I used to go to Lew Horton's in framingham, they were last located on rt 9 east bound, may still be there, also a great store was Bay state arms in Southboro, but I doubt they are still there the owner was an old guy back then, bought many an interesting piece from him. Hopr this helps some
Rusty in NC

Back