• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Miroku .45 Kentucky Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBOWL10

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello,

I had the winning bid on this rifle on gunbroker. I had a previous post here on another Miroku that had a rough bore and I passed on that one. This one is supposed to have an excellent bore and looks to be in good shape. It has either been shot very little or not at all. I should have it in a few days.
Is there anything I should do to the rifle besides the normal cleaning and mechanical checks? I also need to know the nipple thread size as that will probably be the first thing I will “fix”. Thanks in advance for any assistance or thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_5686.png
    IMG_5686.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5685.png
    IMG_5685.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5684.png
    IMG_5684.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5682.jpeg
    IMG_5682.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 0
@BBOWL10, I recommend that you remove the nipple from the rifle and go to a hardware store with thread test board to verify the threads of the nipple. Then order the correct nipple from Track of the Wolf. Since I don't know of your ability to buy real black powder and you will likely have to buy a substitute powder such as Triple7 of Pyrodex, that you buy a nipple designed to get more flame to the powder charge. The Red Hot or Hot Shot brands should make setting off the substitute black powder a bit mor consistent.

@BBOWL10, I recommend that you remove the nipple from the rifle and go to a hardware store with thread test board to verify the threads of the nipple. Then order the correct nipple from Track of the Wolf. Since I don't know of your ability to buy real black powder and you will likely have to buy a substitute powder such as Triple7 of Pyrodex, that you buy a nipple designed to get more flame to the powder charge. The Red Hot or Hot Shot brands should make setting off the substitute black powder a bit mor consistent.

Thanks. I have a couple of unopened pounds of Old Eynsford from 2019.

Latest posts

Back