• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Making Moccasins

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruzatte

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I thought I'd pass along some information on a video I just received today, "Constructing Woodland Moccasins" with Michael Galban. He takes you through step by step in pattern making, cutting out, and sewing of two different styles of eastern woodland moccasins; the center seam, and the puckered toe, or vamp style. Also included at the end of the video is a short list of suppliers of tools, and leather. The DVD is available from the R.E. Davis Co., or you can find it for sale on the Track Of The Wolf site. I'm looking forward to a nice winter project.

No need to buy a DVD on mocs... Super easy to make both center seam pucker toes, or just center seam alone.

Any questions let me know, once you make the pattern your essentially set for life.

I would be interested in a center seam pattern. I attempted to make a pair a couple of years ago and it came out less than desired.

Crewdawg445 said:
No need to buy a DVD on mocs... Super easy to make both center seam pucker toes, or just center seam alone.

Any questions let me know, once you make the pattern your essentially set for life.

I wish I had one when I started. Mocc are easy and anyone with normal hand control can make them. However there is a learning curve. I thought Duck Foot was going to become my camp name from ill fitting moccs. Like most any thing else you have to do it a dozen times or so to get good at it. A vid can help you trouble shoot as you go along.

Back