• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Looking for a similiar lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldhunter

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a current reproduction of this type of lock? There is a little slide type safety behind the hammer. This was originally a flintlock, converted to percussion. The lock says Richardson.

Something like this may be my next project. :doh:
2012-09-07164919_zps30af7bd7.jpg

2012-09-07164926_zpsbf00ffe9.jpg

Yep. The Rifle Shoppe makes castings for a similar lock with the safety mechanism that you show.

I know of no one offering a sliding safety lock as a finished product. I am sure you could custom order one built but YOU WILL PAY!!!

If not The Rifle Shoppe as BioProf recommended there is always Blackley & Son. They are in England had sell castings for over 150 locks:
http://www.blackleyandson.com/

Enjoy, J.D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

I wish I could see the pics on the Rifle Shop. I've tried looking there but it seems like when I click on something, and there should be a picture, I can't see it. :idunno:

You might be able to get parts a little faster from Blackley and Sons. I do not want to make disparaging remarks here, but do a search of forum topics on the Rifle Shoppe before ordering from them.

jdkerstetter said:
I know of no one offering a sliding safety lock as a finished product. I am sure you could custom order one built but YOU WILL PAY!!!

If not The Rifle Shoppe as BioProf recommended there is always Blackley & Son. They are in England had sell castings for over 150 locks:
http://www.blackleyandson.com/

Enjoy, J.D.

That Blackley site is interesting. If I had a lot of money I bet I would spend a lot of it there. :shocked2: He will do custom castings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would talk to Bob Roller - he will take the externals of the Blackley or Rifle Shoppe lock, make his own excellent internals including springs and you will have one of the finest locks available - price would be fairly high (guesstimate $300.00-450.00)

Jerry Huddleston may be another........

Right now Blackley is backed up at least 8 months. I've had an order for a trigger in since Feb 2012, and they haven't been able to get it out to me. Their explanation is that "never before in the history of the company" have things gone as wrong as during the past year. So if you order, plan to wait .... and wait. In their words, they are "playing catch up". I'm pessimistic, but hoping that they can fill the order sometime.

Lisle George

Back