• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lets see some of those Long Rifles!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I missed that one the first time around Robby...beautiful looking rifle !!
:hatsoff:

My hunting guns:

TVM's .40cal Late Lancaster

112511Christenedthe40calLancaster.jpg

.50cal Dickert

A00211011150calDickert8Pointer.jpg

TVM's Early Virginia / .54cal Smoothbore ”“ PRB

11091154cal-28gaSmoothboreVirginia8PointerDarker.jpg

TVM's Early Virginia in .58cal

1-68PointRacksROTATEDTOHORIZONTALDarker.jpg

TVM's .62cal Early Virginia / Smoothbore Shot Load

041412B-OpeningDayTurkeyFull1-1.jpg

TVM's Early Virginia / .62cal Smoothbore - PRB

A10121062cal10Pointersomedarker.jpg

Wow guys, you all should see my eyes glazed to the screen! With all these fantastic and beautifully crafted guns all with different names, makers/builders, types, schools, regions, times periods,swamped/straight etc. I definately need to start learning this stuff!

O and lets not forget the State style! Pennsylvania, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky (depending on your opinion), Carolina, Southern,.......i think my brain is gonna fry! :surrender: lol

Just remember that "styles" is a modern term. Back then there was no Lancaster, Berks County, Va rifle, etc. It was only after the 1812 war that the term "Kentucky rifle" was coined to take in just about any longrifle regardless where/who made it.

WOW!! Some mighty fine looking rifles here. It's great to see others stuff here. No two alike. :hatsoff:
Early Virginia style rifle here:

DSC00738Medium.jpg

Sepiatone said:
Swampy said:
We really could use a separate place or at least a sticky where people can post their rifles/smoothbores...

I second this :thumbsup:

I actually prefer them to be located in their respective forums where the majority of those interested can find them easier.

I think you misunderstood my post. Seems every other month or so we get one of these threads where someone new wants to see others guns. Nothing at all wrong with that. However I wouldn't mind seeing a continuing sticky named "Members Guns" where we can send pics of our guns to display, no discussing them, just pics and the guns stats. Just a place where anyone can go and see a bunch of eye candy all together whenever they wanted....

Actually, I saw this post and thought it couldn't be less timely. I mean, my Roy Stroh rifle isn't even here yet so I can post pictures! This thread will be dead by the time it arrives next week and I'll have to wait until July until another member asks to see those Longrifles to show it off. (nah, I don't think I will wait quite that long.). :grin:

Actually, I saw this post and thought it couldn't be less timely. I mean, my Roy Stroh rifle isn't even here yet so I can post pictures! This thread will be dead by the time it arrives next week and I'll have to wait until July until another member asks to see those Longrifles to show it off. (nah, I don't think I will wait quite that long.). :grin:

Swampy said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a continuing sticky named "Members Guns" where we can send pics of our guns to display, no discussing them, just pics and the guns stats. Just a place where anyone can go and see a bunch of eye candy all together whenever they wanted.
Along that same line, maybe a section with sub categories like:
Southern Rifle
Carolina Rifle
Barn Guns
Virginias
Hawkens
Lancasters
Fowlers
etc
etc
etc

Swampy said:
I wouldn't mind seeing a continuing sticky named "Members Guns" where we can send pics of our guns to display, no discussing them, just pics and the guns stats. Just a place where anyone can go and see a bunch of eye candy all together whenever they wanted.
Southern Rifle
Carolina Rifle
Barn Guns
Virginias
Hawkens
Lancasters
Fowlers
etc
etc
etc

roundball said:
Swampy said:
Southern Rifle
Carolina Rifle
Barn Guns
Virginias
Hawkens
Lancasters
Fowlers
etc
etc
etc

Let me second that

roundball said:
Swampy said:
Southern Rifle
Carolina Rifle
Barn Guns
Virginias
Hawkens
Lancasters
Fowlers
etc
etc
etc

Let me second that

This is the latest Bucks County and is on my rack.

BC46-2-OA.jpg

The latest "early" Lancaster from a blank but using all Chambers' hardware.

Lanc4OAC.jpg

My first Bucks County...

FredTOW1.jpg

My first Lancaster...

Rifle072004k.jpg

Another Bucks County...so I'm enamoured w/ these...

CheekOAW.jpg

My 2nd Lancaster...early or late?

LehtoL245PBSVhi.jpg

A Bucks County...one of my favorites

BucksCo3TOW-1.jpg

Have limited my builds to mainly Bucks County and Lancasters.....Fred

This is the latest Bucks County and is on my rack.

BC46-2-OA.jpg

The latest "early" Lancaster from a blank but using all Chambers' hardware.

Lanc4OAC.jpg

My first Bucks County...

FredTOW1.jpg

My first Lancaster...

Rifle072004k.jpg

Another Bucks County...so I'm enamoured w/ these...

CheekOAW.jpg

My 2nd Lancaster...early or late?

LehtoL245PBSVhi.jpg

A Bucks County...one of my favorites

BucksCo3TOW-1.jpg

Have limited my builds to mainly Bucks County and Lancasters.....Fred

Back