• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Late 18th Century British Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLCranford3

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Friends I have decided to put up for sale my British carbine. I purchased this thinking it was a later pattern Pagett Carbine, through conversations with very knowledgeable persons, I have been able to find out that this carbine PRE-Dates the Pagett. This carbine appears to be a "trades" pattern or civilian version of the military weapon (in the modern sense of an ar-15 Looks like an M-16). This is a fully functional and fun little (and I mean little) carbine to shoot. Overall Length is 34 inches, the Barrel is 20 inches and the LOP is 13 inches. The bore is .655 and is in excellent shape. There is no makers mark on the lock. There are Birmingham proofs on the barrel. There are rack marks on the butt plate but no other marks on the weapon to indicate military service. The ramrod is captured, and at some point in it's life the sling bar has been broken off. This little carbine is a hoot to shoot too. My load is 40grains of FFG Swiss pushing a patched .640 ball. With this load and with out any sights on the gun, I have been able to reliably hit a 5 gallon (empty) propane bottle at 75 yards. The ignition on this old lock is incredibly fast and she doesn't not light off. Included with this baby sized thumper is a .640 brass mold and handles, and a nice contemporary cartouche box. I am asking $975 (OBO) shipped and insured. Payment can be in the form of money order, any kind of check or a very discreet PayPal. (Item will ship when payment clears. Thank you so very much for looking.

Here is an attached link to one very similiar to mine that was sold by IMA some years back. The one in the link IS however Crown marked. Please read their discription.
https://www.ima-usa.com/products/br...W0tQjL1eCMegimapcmpVCTj2eDkEfq1LjSh3Az0t5MF64

Attachments

• Carb00.jpg
    Carb00.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 7
  • carb01.jpg
    carb01.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • carb02.jpg
    carb02.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
  • carb03.jpg
    carb03.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 0
  • carb04.jpg
    carb04.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
  • carb05.jpg
    carb05.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
  • carb06.jpg
    carb06.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
  • carb07.jpg
    carb07.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 0
  • carb08.jpg
    carb08.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 0
  • carb09.jpg
    carb09.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
Still for sale.

Would you be comfortable sharing a zip code for the general vicinity of those interested in FTF transactions, and thereby avoiding the shipping issues?

Nice carbine.

GLWYS, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back