• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kit is finally finished!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Brooks

Cannon
Reaction score
I've been working on my Virginia rifle kit project on and off for the past couple years and finally consider this project finished and ready to go.
It's patterned after the F. Klette rifle in shumway's vol II rifle # 123. I changed a few of the features, I've substituted a Chambers lock instead of the Klette gun's germanic style lock, and also opted for set triggers, which called for a larger trigger guard. Otherwise it's a pretty close copy.
Here's a link to my photobucket site, the pictures are a little higher quality there. Take a look and tell me what you think......I feel like I just put my head on the chopping block! :haha:
>>>>KLETTE RIFLE KIT

Mike, that's a real nice southern rifle. The pictures are better than the description. The Klette rifle has long been one of my favorites. Good luck on your kit sales. That's one heck of an investment but I think it will fill a void in the market.
Best to ya,
Don

I've got a feeling folks'll be to busy looking at the pictures and drooling to be screwing around with an axe. Beautiful work Mike! :hatsoff:

beautiful work :hatsoff:
It's an insperation to us hobby builders.
Is this one for you, or is it a customers???

I'm hanging on to this one as long as I can so I can show it around...at least thru fall Friendship! :haha:

kit1.jpg

You got that rear trigger already set ???? :rotf:

Great work Mike, as usual... you ever build a bad gun?? This one smooth or rifled?

Only thing I'm gonna pick at is.... as much as you hate a brown stained gun.... I hate set triggers on a round faced lock. Just a personal preference.

I'd keep your head on , don't put it on the chopping block. Very nice! How many m/l's have you made? Please don't tell me that this is your first. I'm still drooling over the pics. Maybe you should send this piece to me so that I can get a closer look! :rotf:

That's one beautiful rifle, thanks for the pics. I love seeing the rifles you and everyone else build.

Mike,
I love the lines of that one. I also like the satin finish and color on the stock. What did you use.

Great job and outstanding rifle.

Fantastic, Mike. Congratulations. I just browsed your web site looking to see if that kit was being offered up there yet. Did I miss it?

(and does this mean the Type G kit you planned to develop is next in the queue?)

It's perfect! Decorated nicely without being gaudy. I just wonder how much that irritable emailer you mentioned on the other thread thinks it's worth. I've seen people ask a lot for something of far less beauty. I hope I'm not offending if I ask if you do all that brass and lock egraving yourself. Nice work.

HistoryBuff

Beautiful gun. I'm intrigued why you would put on an English lock onto an enigma piece ( ie a Virginia rifle that was built with a Germanic Lock, and a plain tigger) and then put on a German style set trigger. As the little Churman on Laugh-in would say "velly interesting" But I got to agree it does look better with the English lock, after looking at it in RCA. I also agree with Slowpoke on a single trigger. All in all a beauty. Bill

Mike,

As usual, a real beauty. I still can't get over your stain/finish combination.
Your engraved borders just make me wet. :redface:

Well Done. :applause:

You said a kit gun?? Whose kit? :confused:

Mike
It makes me almost want to go back to work full time :winking: a work of art
Samuel

Mike,
Outstanding work! Every minute you spent on
it shows in the finished product. Great pictures
also, thanks for sharing them.
snake-eyes :bow: :applause: :hatsoff:

Latest posts