• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler's .32 caliber SMR.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a .36 SMR, but it’s not finished yet! But while I’d love to have a .32 also, I’m not sure my fingers will handle those .32 balls with much success.
Thanks, TDM.
Yes 32s are small, but I did get use to them from using my Crockett Rifle. I had my hart set on a .32 but lately I've been hearing and reading about .36.
I believe I'm sticking with the .32 SMR.
Thanks.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred

I had a crocket. Didn't like the fit (Kiblers .40 SMR was made for me, perfect fit and hangs right on target and light and ....). I found that even with 10-12 gr of powder in the crocket .32 the damage to the squirrel was equal to or greater than a .22WM. HEAD SHOTS. Don't matter the caliber if you hit the head (dad used to bring home headless squirrels all the time deer hunting with his 30-06 and they ate real good!) I got the .40 myself as I too am mostly into impressing myself with my target shooting ability.

I had a crocket. Didn't like the fit (Kiblers .40 SMR was made for me, perfect fit and hangs right on target and light and ....). I found that even with 10-12 gr of powder in the crocket .32 the damage to the squirrel was equal to or greater than a .22WM. HEAD SHOTS. Don't matter the caliber if you hit the head (dad used to bring home headless squirrels all the time deer hunting with his 30-06 and they ate real good!) I got the .40 myself as I too am mostly into impressing myself with my target shooting ability.
Thank you, for your time and information.
I feel I'm going to go ahead and the .32
That will be me my excuse/reason to get a .36 or a .40 next year.
But I'll need time to save the cash.

Azmntman, thanks again.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred

Thanks, TDM.
Yes 32s are small, but I did get use to them from using my Crockett Rifle. I had my hart set on a .32 but lately I've been hearing and reading about .36.
I believe I'm sticking with the .32 SMR.
Thanks.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred
No right or wrong either way, you'll enjoy the .32. If I can afford it down the road I might get one too. Just have to rub down my hands with Icy Hot or Ben Gay a head of time.

No right or wrong either way, you'll enjoy the .32. If I can afford it down the road I might get one too. Just have to rub down my hands with Icy Hot or Ben Gay a head of time.
That's how I see it.
I'm starting the feel and deal with same issues. I'm 59 and 40 years of construction is catching up to me.

Azmntman, thanks again.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred
PSSSST if its a Kibler gun you can just swap the barrels out its cheaper or just save and buy the whole gun.

I've had a 32 since the mid '70's and killed quite a few rabbits with it. Anything but head shots ruined a lot of meat. The load was, and still is, 20 gr. 3F Goex. I never had chronographed it until a couple of years ago. That load was doing 1800 fps out of a 36" Douglas 48 twist barrel. At that velocity it's no wonder it blew up some meat.

That is an excellent point! Might have to do that myself.
That's what I'm going to do with my .58 Colonial Smoothbore, I'm going to get a .54 Rifled barrel for it.
As stated above, I too love my Crockett Rifle. I'm going to buy another one and send the barrel off to Bobby Hoyt and have him bore it out to a .41 caliber Smoothbore, then I'll have my .410 again.
Just me.

I loved the Crockett and found it perfect for squirrels and the accuracy was astonishing. I also have a .36 SMR (not a Kibler) and find I reach for it more often than my .32 SMR (TVM). The .36 can do as well as the .32 on small game but can "beef up" and take larger varmints. If you already have a .32 I'd say go ahead and get a .36. But do get what YOU want.

I just picked up a Crockett, took it to the range this week. First 4 shots at 25 yards, from the bench were touching! That was with 15ga in’s T7, and a poured round ball from Track of the Wolf. All a bit left, but that’s an easy fix. Not real happy with Tracks poured round balls. When they are this small, the spruce is huge, and it makes it critical to place correctly in the muzzle. I may try some swagged balls from Hornady, but someone suggested getting a 8lb jar of 1 1/2 Buckshot from
Balistics Products. That sounds like a winner.

I just picked up a Crockett, took it to the range this week. First 4 shots at 25 yards, from the bench were touching! That was with 15ga in’s T7, and a poured round ball from Track of the Wolf. All a bit left, but that’s an easy fix. Not real happy with Tracks poured round balls. When they are this small, the spruce is huge, and it makes it critical to place correctly in the muzzle. I may try some swagged balls from Hornady, but someone suggested getting a 8lb jar of 1 1/2 Buckshot from
Mine shot a little to the right.
First couple was way off, I didn't realize what little bit if pull it took for the set trigger.
I shoot the Hornady's, but I'm going to get me some of them 1 1/2 buck shot that Polecat posted.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred

Since you mentioned the sprue, does anybody casting their own round balls rotate them 90 degrees in the mold and squeeze the mold shut to minimize the sprue?

Since you mentioned the sprue, does anybody casting their own round balls rotate them 90 degrees in the mold and squeeze the mold shut to minimize the sprue?
Interesting idea. Never heard of that but to me it's too much work and possibly more wear on the mold. What is your experience with it??

Azmntman, thanks again.

Take Care Stay Safe
Fred
That's great. Go ahead with the .32 bore. It will be fine no doubt. I promote the .40 caliber but that being said I have two squirrel rifles n they are both .32 haha. One of em I have killed squirrels with but still don't have it dialed in with a load I'm confident with yet. Missed several squirrels this year. The other is an East TN rifle made by Brian Barker n it's a tack driver. Love it so much but it ain't been in the woods yet. I traded it from Azmntman for a Chuck Edwards rifle. I'm sure he remembers that deal. Beautiful deer rifle but I mostly squirrel hunt so ya know. Anyway keep us posted on your decision. You said you were purchasing a Kible SMR right?

Latest posts

Back