• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Karma… free hornet nest

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mousegunguy

40 Cal
Reaction score
Howdy,
Recently I started a thread here looking for an obscure front sight for an obscure underhammer.
It didn’t take long for a member to step up with the part I was looking for which he mailed to me free of charge.
With a very slight modification I was able to make the part work in my underhammer.
I’d like to try something…..
If you’re interested in trying out ole fashion hornets nest as wadding in your smooth bore post ‘IN’ in the comments below.
I’ll run this for a week or till intrest dies down then pick a winner and send them a small flat rate box full of hornets nesting to try free of charge as a thank you to the group
Good luck,
Ready….
Go…

This needs to be shared. An RFD mail man in town was doing his rout , he opened a families' mail box door , and was instantly unnerved. The inside of the box was crawling with hornets. The mailman slammed the door shut , backed away from the box , and handed the mail to the folks in the residence , and warning the people of the danger in the mail box. No nest material was found.

I once cut down a hornet's nest in early winter. I brought into my work to show it off. After it warmed up, Hornets started to crawl out of the bottom hole. I quickly stuffed the nest onto the freezer at work to freeze the little beauties. Layer when at home I opened it and removed the inner comb so that didn't happen again.

LMAO !!! Goof balls ! Ya dont use the nest , the outside material of the hornets nest not the nest proper ! One of you fellers send me your address I'll send ya some to try ...I ain't gonna give all my stuff away but would send some to ya all to try ...its good stuff and free ...

LMAO !!! Goof balls ! Ya dont use the nest , the outside material of the hornets nest not the nest proper ! One of you fellers send me your address I'll send ya some to try ...I ain't gonna give all my stuff away but would send some to ya all to try ...its good stuff and free ...
The outside wrapper and the inside comb both work…..
now go hijack someone else’s give away!

The outside wrapper and the inside comb both work…..
now go hijack someone else’s give away!
LMAO !!! Okeydoke ! I'll go somewhere else and offer to give away free stuff to folks , how rude of me to try and help!! Never again !! Yet another D.A. ! Please keep bringing hornets nest into your dwellings ! Wow ! Smart folks ...

Last edited:
Hornets, when they're mashed up, make good patch lube. And spread thick on fingers reduces the stings and swelling.

Anybody else interested in a chance to try hornets nest?
I’ll run this for another day or two then pick a winner

Attachments

• 284E9AEF-F7F9-44FD-B253-B50CF47DF529.jpeg
    284E9AEF-F7F9-44FD-B253-B50CF47DF529.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back