• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

JUKAR Pistol review with mixed results...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops 22292A81-D1E8-4ECA-92A0-731290C11B39.jpeg3D4EF0EF-38C2-4634-B34F-E9B6E7A32322.jpeg

I made the Pocket Pistol version over 40 years ago, all I remember is that it was Spanish, flintlock, and junk. So I removed the cock, frizzen and spring, ground off the pan, and added a drum and hammer off of a CVA. What a fun little gun. I actually patched some 240g .44mag slugs and they shot just fine at 5 yards with 20g of FFFG.
The main thing I did was slim down the forend tighter to the ramrod, and slimmed the birdhead around the butt and tang. (BTW, what Do you call that nice raised carved portion of the stock around the breech tang?) I then used Tru-Oil to make the pretty strawberry blonde color to the stock. Nice pocket gun, and the big 240g slugs actually don't tumble! It lives in my little Haversack, great conversation starter at the Rondys.

Is jukar the same as dikar which is bpi which is cva? Made in Spain? If so I would steer clear from them.
The Dikar company emerged in the seventies of the last century, as a result of the union of two other small workshops, Mendi and Jucar, which also manufactured muzzleloading guns. Now Dikar is part of the "Bergara Barrels" company. Dikar is in the town of Bergara, province of San Sebastián in the Basque Country, which belongs to SPAIN.

Greetings from Spain.

The Dikar company emerged in the seventies of the last century, as a result of the union of two other small workshops, Mendi and Jucar, which also manufactured muzzleloading guns. Now Dikar is part of the "Bergara Barrels" company. Dikar is in the town of Bergara, province of San Sebastián in the Basque Country, which belongs to SPAIN.

Greetings from Spain.

Hi! :)

Is muzzleloading a popular sport in Spain?

That Jukar pistol hasn't been made in 40 years, nice to see we are keeping up with the new products. Around 1981, CVA switched all productioin to Ardesa Better product and the Ardesa guns used a drum and nipple instead of a bolster breech.

Hi! :)

Is muzzleloading a popular sport in Spain?

Hi. In Spain there are not many fans of shooting with muzzleloaders. I don't think we will reach 2000 persons in a nation of 46 million people. But there are very good shooters, as can be seen in the championships organized by the MLAIC. I want to promote hunting with muzzleloading rifles and shotguns. But I am afraid that with the new laws, Spanish politicians will prohibit us from everything related to weapons.
I love the original Hawken rifles and I have the "Rocky Mountain" from Pedersoli. I fear that the politicians will take it from me and I will be left without it. I want to write a book about the "mountain men". In the 19th century, there were also very good mountain men in Spain who were great hunters. I live in the North of Spains and in the 19th century there were many brown bears, that were hunted with 16 bore muzzleloading shotguns or fowlers, in short distances.

Kind regards from Spain.

That Jukar pistol hasn't been made in 40 years, nice to see we are keeping up with the new products. Around 1981, CVA switched all productioin to Ardesa Better product and the Ardesa guns used a drum and nipple instead of a bolster breech.

Hi. That's. You have all the reason. Now Ardesa makes good muzzleloaders at the right price. Greetings from Spain.

Hi. In Spain there are not many fans of shooting with muzzleloaders. I don't think we will reach 2000 persons in a nation of 46 million people. But there are very good shooters, as can be seen in the championships organized by the MLAIC. I want to promote hunting with muzzleloading rifles and shotguns. But I am afraid that with the new laws, Spanish politicians will prohibit us from everything related to weapons.
I love the original Hawken rifles and I have the "Rocky Mountain" from Pedersoli. I fear that the politicians will take it from me and I will be left without it. I want to write a book about the "mountain men". In the 19th century, there were also very good mountain men in Spain who were great hunters. I live in the North of Spains and in the 19th century there were many brown bears, that were hunted with 16 bore muzzleloading shotguns or fowlers, in short distances.

Kind regards from Spain.

Very cool! Thank you and good luck. That sounds like a very neat book!

I remember not long ago in a galaxy........$60 to $80 got ya the kit or in most parts an assembled one yup like the "Garbage" surplus from European Theaters IE Mosins,Enfields,Rubin's all day long $80-$100 GOOD LUCK NOW I am so counting on you. I found one for under $250 and like to have broken bits and pieces trying to snag it, I thinks I got it though MO intransit I keep checking daily, then I just tagged it to my e-mail/phone USPS will let me know when it arrives. Yes I wanted one for a few years now could never find one at what I consider fair/decent under $250 I always find em $250 + ship.I found one under $250 shipping included reasonable. I did that

a lot of us started out with them many years ago, and 60+ yrs. into the future we are still shooting them. I started out with the PATRIOT one and next one was a KENTUCKY, that I still have, love it even shooting it in the back yard when I am bored. so easy to clean that I do it in the kitchen sink, when she who must be obeyed is not home!!

Kind regards from Spain.

Laws are a bit like the UK by the sound of it? Our Government won't be happy until the only person's shooting are armed criminals!
By the way, you have some top-level shooters in Spain, especially Matchlock pistol! Good luck in the future!!

Latest posts

Back