• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Joining the club.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Clayton!
We'll have to get together sometime. Work is crazy right now and the family's all still getting settled in from moving. So much to do, the wife is being run ragged trying to do it all while I'm being run ragged at the job. Doing 6 10 hour days a week right now and it will get worse soon. Trying to get the moving stuff done in the little time I have off. 😩
All in good time. Cheers brother.

NC here as well, Randolph County...Sounds like life has you busy...I'll be 68 in a few days, thankful that it's slowing down for me, letting me enjoy things that I never had time to do when raising children...Good luck with all!!

Hello! I've lurked here quite a while. Been interested in getting a cap and ball gun but never "pulled the trigger" on one. There's always cartridge guns to buy or get ammo for ya know.

But I got the yearly Birthday discount email from MidwayUSA the other day and looked at them again. Ordered a Uberti 1851 Navy London and a few hundred 375 balls. It's supposed to be here Friday. Put in an order at Grafs so I also have a couple pounds each of Sheutzen and Swiss powder and RWS caps on the way. Always exciting to have a new toy on the way. I have no idea when I'll actually get to shoot it though. Doing all my shooting at a local indoor range and they won't allow black powder.
Welcome! You did nicely with the Uberti. Midway seems to have very nice prices for a lot of stuff from time to time. I never realized they have a birthday discount.

Well it's here. I guess it's what I expected. First impressions from a guy who considers himself a pistolero. Decades shooting pistols, 10s of thousands of rounds through 1911s and CZs and everything else worth trying and some stuff that wasn't. Basically, I can shoot. I know what I like. I like the good stuff, and I can tell the difference. That said, I've really never handled a cap and ball revolver, don't even own modern revolvers. Not a revolver guy. Bought this knowing that for me it would be a toy for fun. Actually, moving into the new house I figured I'd get a pair of these and even if I don't end up enjoying shooting them it would be cool to have a pair to hang over the fireplace anyway.

So anyway, it really looks nice, pretty good on fit and finish. Feel is decent quality. Feels good in the hand and points well. The trigger is good. The sights.... the sights are abysmal.
It is cool. I like it.
I can certainly see how in the mid 1800s a piece like this would definately have been something really awesome.

Back