• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Joining the club.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCpistolero

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello! I've lurked here quite a while. Been interested in getting a cap and ball gun but never "pulled the trigger" on one. There's always cartridge guns to buy or get ammo for ya know.

But I got the yearly Birthday discount email from MidwayUSA the other day and looked at them again. Ordered a Uberti 1851 Navy London and a few hundred 375 balls. It's supposed to be here Friday. Put in an order at Grafs so I also have a couple pounds each of Sheutzen and Swiss powder and RWS caps on the way. Always exciting to have a new toy on the way. I have no idea when I'll actually get to shoot it though. Doing all my shooting at a local indoor range and they won't allow black powder.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!
The box from Graf's got here. The 1 pound black powder containers are so small compared to smokeless.

IMG_2920 (2).jpg

Found 400 CCI #11s at the local Academy. They are out now.

Welcome from North Carolina. I'm guessing you are in North Carolina by your name. Where are you located? I'm near Raleigh and might be able to point you in the right direction for ranges you can shoot at.

Hey neighbor! Yes. Not from here, but we have lived in the Raleigh area for 20 years. Shot IDPA and USPSA but that's ground to a halt in the last few years. Working a lot of hours when I'm here and have had to travel for work more since covid. We just moved to a house in Clayton. Now I can buy more guns and ammo, but little time to enjoy them. :(

Hey neighbor! Yes. Not from here, but we have lived in the Raleigh area for 20 years. Shot IDPA and USPSA but that's ground to a halt in the last few years. Working a lot of hours when I'm here and have had to travel for work more since covid. We just moved to a house in Clayton. Now I can buy more guns and ammo, but little time to enjoy them. :(
I live in Clayton!

Back