• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Its done. Thanks for your help.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ike

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
This has been a dream of mine for two years. It is a Golden Age Classic from Track Of the Wolf. I built it as a Flint Lock and Percussion. It was my retirment project.

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

I have used the wisdom, experience and knowledge of the members of this form in this project. I have asked some questions and you have provided good answers and sound advise. I have searched for other informaton and generally found what I needed. I also have to thank my wife for giving me the time and encouragement to build it. My brother and some other members of the Iowa Black Powder Federation have also provided encouragement. I have spend the better part of the last two months working on it. I did do some painting in the house. She is happy with me for that. I was able to get to the range and the Green Mountain Barrel shoots very well. I look forward to shooting it more. A BIG THANKS to all of the members of this forum. :bow:

You only think you're done.

You've got the disease now. There is no cure.

Um, Ike? I think you installed the lock on the wrong side! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Jes' funnin' with you. Congrats on a gorgeous rifle. I hope it brings you many years of fun! Sounds like it was a great retirement project.

Lovely, lovely rifle. You are however as has been said HOOKED. You will be on you next one shortly youl see! You did a great job. Be proud! Walk tall!!
Nice one thanks for sharing it with us.
Regards form sunny South africa
Dobson :hatsoff:

:hatsoff: To all of you. To answer a couple of questions. It is a 54 Cal. Green Mountain barrel I hope to take elk, deer, bear, and a pig with it in the next couple of years. The deer and bear I can do here in Minnesota. The pigs I can hunt on a cousin's ranch in Texas. We will have to see about the elk. The finish is aquafortis and then a combination of bees wax, boiled linseed oil, and gum spirits turpentine rubbed into the wood with several applications. I will continue to add more coats.

Nicely done but as was said ye've just begun :)!

Where do you think the saying "You can't just ____ one" came from...a potato chips copmany???

GREAT JOB :bow:

Ike, very nice rifle. Now you are hooked and ready for another build. You NEED a 32 or 36 cal for them smaller critters. Leon

Very nice looking rifle. It's great to see a finished project. Looking through past posts, I see so many people start and then never post again. Like was said, you can start on a squirel rifle now.

Very nice job on the rifle build. If you need money to buy another set of parts, I would be happy to buy it.....even if the lock is on the "wrong" side. It will work just fine for me. As far as hunting, you can hunt hogs in Wis. just over the border and elk have been reintroduced in Minn. as well.Should be able to hunt them soon, even if the first few years might be by lottery.

Heck, It only took 69 posts to get her done.

That's not bad.

Just think. as pretty as this one is, imagine how pretty the next one will be.

Back