• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Intercontinental Arms

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Keller

32 Cal
Reaction score
Just acquired an Intercontinental Arms 45 cal flintlock. Does anyone know anything about the manufacturer or have information on where I can get a bag mold? I going try working up loads starting with a bare ball load of 70g fff and a 32 cal rb topped with a wasp nest just to have some fun with till I can acquire the proper accoutrement. Any suggestions on loads to try would be greatly appreciated.

Intercontinental Arms was an importer back in the early 60s and was out of business somewhere in the mid 70s.

If you are shooting a .32 round ball out of a .45 you can cut that starting load in half.

Intercontinental Arms was an importer back in the early 60s and was out of business somewhere in the mid 70s.

If you are shooting a .32 round ball out of a .45 you can cut that starting load in half.
Thanks will try it. It didn't do bad with my experimental 70g. Tried dropping to 50g and couldn't even hit a 55 gal barrel lid at 25yrds. Thanks also for the info on manufacturer.

Why are you shooting a .32 caliber round ball out of a .45 caliber rifle? Buy some .440 round balls.
Because at the time that was closest I had and I wanted to do some experimentation for manure and giggles. I'm well aware of what size I need for a correct fit with patched balls but like to play with different things just to see if it would work. And I was able to acquire a 3" group at 50yds with my bare ball experiment will play with it some more just for fun and if I get it tighter I will use that to squirrel hunt with instead of the larger balls.

Latest posts

Back