• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Inline Flintlock Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the great phots dd832: I've been telling folks for years that in-line flintlocks are rare but actually PC and those phots really help. The question is- why didn't the style simply take over? As I understand it the fouling build up was the issue, it would gum up the internal parts.

I remember an article, I believe in muzzle blasts about the rifle. Years ago, I had a sliding bolt percussion gun from the 1850's made by Wurfflein in Philadelphia, that used a box lock type hammer that was toggled to the bolt that was rammed forward when the trigger was pulled and the hammer was allowed to move forward pushing the toggle and bolt.. Such an arrangement should be easy in a flintlock inline pistol. I suppose just having a "v" spring under the bolt to force it forward would work as well. The gun was lost in a fire, but I think I still have a photo. I'll look

I ws thinking a flint from a cigarette lighter could be put on the end of a firing pin- not pc but ought to work

I ws thinking a flint from a cigarette lighter could be put on the end of a firing pin- not pc but ought to work
I was just thinking last night how one could turn a bic lighter system into a firing mechanism. Then as I sat there smoking on one of them funny jazz cigarettes it dawned on me they already did it and called it a wheel lock. :D

Back