• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If I had 1200-1300.00 to spend, who could build me a rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amikee

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetings

I'm not really sure if this os appropriate to post it here. If not, please move it to classified section.
I would like to spend 1200.00-1300.00 on a rifle. Is there anyone who would consider this kind of money? Or is it too low?
I'm looking for a classic flintlock lines with a couple of inlays maybe, perchaps a patch box if it'll be within range, perchaps some minor carving, nice wood. Of course these are all optional. Any recommendations? Anyone interested? Thank You kindly

For that price you would get parts OR labor, not both. And you would still be getting away cheap.

I have to agree with Black Hand.I priced out two guns last night for customers.The parts alone came to $1040 and $1055 respectively.That included a $300 dollar piece of wood which isn't a top grade but very nice.

Mitch Yates

check the major on-line auction sites. Lots of custom guns going for around that kind of money. You just don't have a big selection. 1-2 a month is about it.

Roger that. I will keep looking or try TVM. Friend from this forum just pointed them out. Thank you kindly for replies.

If you want one built by a person who earns a living building rifles be prepared to pay twice that amount. But there are a lot of builders who build for a hobby who could build you a reasonably nice gun for that price. Give log cabin a call and see if they could suggest some one. I know two people who used to build for them but quit because the custom guns just weren't selling due to the economic slump a few years back,. :idunno:

Amikee said:
Greetings

I'm not really sure if this os appropriate to post it here. If not, please move it to classified section.
I would like to spend 1200.00-1300.00 on a rifle. Is there anyone who would consider this kind of money?

TIP CURTIS has them in that price range ready to mail out........

kaintuck said:
Eric Krewson said:
Yep, Tip has what you need, on the rack and ready to go.

We were standing there just a week ago.....slobber slobber........ :bow:
I also vote for Tip -- :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Where is this place? I'm in CT but it looks like it's worth every penny to drive there!!!!!!!

If you wanna see Tip and you won't mind the drive, go to Friendship in June. His shack there looks alot like that picture. Plus you'll get to see alot more!

Much closer, he may be at Dixon's in Kepton, PA in July.

He didn't make it last year as the guy who helps him had some health issues....but he is usually there and all it would take is a phone call to find out.

Enjoy, J.D.

I remember Tip's big tent at Dixons. He had just about everything you'd want. However, don't try to pay with a credit card. Bring legal tender.

Lotta legal tender tossed around that weekend Eric.....and often too much of it mine. :haha: Enjoy, J.D.

Back