• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Identify this Bullet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rancher

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a T/C Maxi Hunter or some other variety. Don't have a scale handy to weigh them or any packaging to go by. The front is not hollow point and the base is flat.

sdx6.jpg

Mooman76 said:
It is a Lee REAL. Which caliber? They make 2 versions for each caliber that they make. A smaller/lighter 3 band like yours and a slightly larger/heavier 4 band one.

They are .50's.

Lee REAL Rifling engraved at loading

conicals intended for round ball rifling. Small rounded bands for ease of starting down the barrel and gripping the rifling.

Lee R.E.A.L. .50 cal, 250 grain. Nice little bullets. I have both 250 and 320 grain moulds and like them.

Mooman76 said:
They make 2 versions for each caliber that they make. A smaller/lighter 3 band like yours and a slightly larger/heavier 4 band one.

Sad to say they only make one in 58 caliber, which is awfully light (only 440 grains). I'd be all over it if they made one 500+ grains, preferably 550+. The 440 is fine accuracy-wise, but I'd like something longer.

I shoot a 58 minie they make. It's a copy of an original minie and it's about 520 gr. It shoot pretty good in mine. Good enough for minute of deer. Nothing for target though but I didn't get it for target shooting, I got it for hunting.

GoodCheer said:
Lee REAL? The drive bands sure are really rounded. What gives?

How much "lead" in a roundball is there on the outside edge up against the rifling normally? Besides, bet it helps the Ballistic Coefficient...

They look like they've been rolling around in a box, notice all the little scrap marks :hmm: . Probably had sharper corners when they were new.

Latest posts

Back