• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Identify Stocks?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rogue River, check out my post just before your reply to Mule Brain and then check out the Traditions Hawken Woodsman at Traditions website. I believe that the lock and hammer plus other parts from the Hawken Woodsman will fit your stocks.

Thank you very much. The shape of the lock is what realy convinced me that you where onto something, the stock also looks real similar. Now if I can find some parts I'll have a project for this winter. Thanks again, Ron

Ron, I'm glad that I could help. I believe that the Hawken Woodsman buttplate might be the only part that won't fit your stock(s) due to the fact that it is rounded at the toe like a CVA St. Louis Hawken. Your stock(s) will require a buttplate with a flat area at the toe for mating up to a toeplate. Good luck with your project!

I don't think the Lyman Trade Rifle has the "fish belly" I don't know. But, that is European Walnut though.

I'm thinking they are closer to the Lyman Trade Rifle than anything else I can think of.

I don't think the Trade Rifle had the fish belly swell...

I agree the top stock doesn't look much like a GPR, particularly the lock panel, which is all wrong. The wood is also not quite right, not european walnuttish enough.

The bottom stock... I dunno... I wouldn't discount it. Its easy enough for one to get their hands on a GPR to compare.

They ain't GPR stocks. Or any Lyman stocks as far as I can tell. The fish belly does look like GPR but the Lyman locks are one-screw and the GPR's have 2 barrel keys.

I'm guessin' Spanish made.

I did some research and called Traditions and they told me they made a rifle about 10 years ago with a Hunters Star inlaid in the cheekpiece for Bass-Pro Shops called the Heritage Hawken. The trigger and the lock is the same as their Woodsman.I ordered the parts and if they fit (I hope) we will know what these stocks are. I will post when I find out for sure. Thanks to everyone who helped with thier opinions. :grin:

Hi:
I recieved the parts today for the Traditions Heritage Hawkens and they fit the stocks (lock and set triggers) perfect. Thanks again, Ron

Back