• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Georgia.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kobrakommander

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi, My name is Chris and I am from Georgia. I am 39 and last year got back into Black powder after prob 20 years or so since my last cap and ball revolver. I have since bought an India made .62 cal french tulle de chase and just this afternoon received a hand-built .50 cal J.B. Beck style Pennsylvania rifle I bought used from Track of the wolf. I also made my own shooters pouch and powderhorn. I also enjoy loom and lazy stitch Native American style beading, leather work, and knife/axe making. I have lurked here a bit and thought I would introduce myself properly as I will probably be posting more in the future.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got a descent background in our favorite addiction. Anybody doing bead work is my kind of person! :thumbsup: Can always tell when I've been doing it by the rough finger pads. :wink: Feel free to ask questions or jump into discussions as you like!

I have always had an interest in history and making the things I read about was a natural progression I guess. I don't claim to be good at any of it :haha: but I do enjoy trying my hand at different trades and skill sets. I got my start back when the housing market crashed and construction all but died and I was left with a lot of spare time on my hands. :(

Oh, hey Wes/Tex I almost forgot. I have a relative of some minor notoriety from Texas. Have you ever heard of "Three Legged Willie" Williamson? He was a G,G,G,uncle of mine. Fought at San Jacinto with William H. Smith's 2nd REG. "J" cavalry and was a Texas supreme court judge as well. He was also made the first Major of all the Rangers on November 28, in the Texas Rangers in 1835.

kobrakommander said:
Oh, hey Wes/Tex I almost forgot. I have a relative of some minor notoriety from Texas. Have you ever heard of "Three Legged Willie" Williamson? He was a G,G,G,uncle of mine.
Durn tooting I have! Robert McAlpine Williamson, a.k.a.: "Three Legged Willie" was one of the major 'movers & shakers' during the 1835-36 period. He was known to argue cases before the bar, ride a pet buffalo and ride with the local ranging company in spite of his "extra" wooden prosthesis and heavy deer skin coat. One striking point, if you don't count the fact he had a permanently bent leg and wore the wooden "leg" from the knee to the ground, was his coonskin cap with no less than 9 coon tails hanging around the sides and back! Definitely one of the "colorful characters" of the Texas Revolutionary period! :wink: I'd say a bit more 'major' than 'minor' in the notoriety department!! :thumbsup:

Welcome! Glad to have another fellow Georgian here! Good group of people here. I sure have learned a lot here.

Back