• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do you buy your Patches?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red and white tickin' cut to fit into cap tins and soaked in lube fer huntin' and torn into strips and wiped into my lube tin and cut at the muzzle for the range.

I buy it by the yard and rip lengths as needed for a given cal then cut into square pieces then lube as I load with spit for fast shooting or beeswax/bear grease for hunting.

One of my first rememberences of tg ( I was a newbie), was on a trailwalk with a bunch of other outlaws. He had about a yard of white rag, i think tied to his bagstrap & 'tother end in his mouth then cutting at the muzzle of his smoothie. He also swabbed with it.-- I had been convinced, by my mentor, that I needed to use that stinky yellow BB stuff.
---Ahhhhh, the good old days!!---Bill

Back