• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How Deadly is a Flintlock Rifle…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s all meant in good fun… When I was a fresh butterbar going thru Armor BOLC we had a British Officer at the school house with us teaching. I don’t remember his name but he was a good dude and he really knew his stuff when it came to tactics and planning. That said, no one missed an opportunity to throw in a dig at him over the Revolutionary War. We even got a Singaporean Officer who was going thru the class with us to join in and he managed to make references to the Brits getting whooped in the Revolution during every Operations Order he briefed. The British Officer usually smiled and took in good stride… And then he’d drop a strategically placed reference to burning down Washington in the War of 1812.

Like I said, all in good fun…

However, it sure do get tiresome.

Theres no such "Australian Royal Marines" , never has been and probably never will be.
Our Australian Defence Force (ADF) doesn't even have "Marines" as such.
They were Australians not British. I thought that’s what they were.
Edit:
Actually now that I think about it I got that from a reunion about ten years ago where one of my buddy’s who was there told the story.

It was a big deal with all the Allied countries, Clinton gave a speech, and as far as I know these guys were the only Australians at the celebration, and I know they weren’t Navy/sailors.

Last edited:
Back