• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HILLBILLY HOCKEY STICK

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, y'all best get a hurry on. "Pitchers" can wait 'til after the squill opener this Saturday. I'm lookin' forward to 'em, too, as magic seems to happen in your hands on a regular basis.
There was a time when I could have had this rifle done by Sept. 2nd. I'm afraid those days have passed me by. I'm also considering attending the ASSRA fall shoot in Etna Green this thursday and friday which will really foul up my bench time.

The stock looks like it has a good deal of grain runout (at the wrist). Are you planning on doing anything to reinforce the wrist?

Last edited:
The stock looks like it has a good deal of grain runout (at the wrist). Are you planning on doing anything to reinforce the wrist?
I've seen worse run out. I'm not worried as it's a 32. In a perfect world the grain would flow perfectly either the wrist. But with 4.5 inches of drop that's a tough stock to find.

I've seen worse run out. I'm not worried as it's a 32. In a perfect world the grain would flow perfectly either the wrist. But with 4.5 inches of drop that's a tough stock to find.
I like it when people show some reason. I get my fill of those who don't. A little rant... Just yesterday someone was highly offended that the trigger guard spur return on his Woodsrunner didn't hit the exact center of the trigger plate and that there were supposedly some minute rust specs on the barrel outside. Thought I did him wrong.

I like it when people show some reason. I get my fill of those who don't. A little rant... Just yesterday someone was highly offended that the trigger guard spur return on his Woodsrunner didn't hit the exact center of the trigger plate and that there were supposedly some minute rust specs on the barrel outside. Thought I did him wrong.
You just can't please everyone all the time! No matter how perfect you try to be and how far you bend over to provide great products and service, someone will find fault. Personally, I would rather not deal with these types of people....

You just can't please everyone all the time! No matter how perfect you try to be and how far you bend over to provide great products and service, someone will find fault. Personally, I would rather not deal with these types of people....

If you run a business, any business, about 4-6% of your customers will be hormonal nitpickers with low IQ and even lower understanding of the product in question. Those types consequently amount to 94-96% of your customer service overhead.

If you run a business, any business, about 4-6% of your customers will be hormonal nitpickers with low IQ and even lower understanding of the product in question. Those types consequently amount to 94-96% of your customer service overhead.
These days I think it's more like 15-20% of your customers are inconsolable mouth breathing morons. Also these days it's not "OK" to fire customers, as everyone needs to feel like they are important and it is somehow wrong to not let them tie up a HUGELY disproportionate amount of resources even though they will still badmouth whoever they are doing business with. Try one reasonable conversation, if it doesn't work get the product back while refunding them in full including shipping (so you can counter the negative feedback) and move on. Happy customers don't tell anywhere near as many people as unhappy customers but when reasonable people research they will see that your business is ethical and really does try to satisfy everyone (just not to unjustified lengths).

Hi, you’ve been added to our “no sell” list.

I had a neighbor like this and he would come over and find fault with everything I owned or did. He was so anal and OCD it was pathetic. There are lots of those people around.

These days I think it's more like 15-20% of your customers are inconsolable mouth breathing morons. Also these days it's not "OK" to fire customers, as everyone needs to feel like they are important and it is somehow wrong to not let them tie up a HUGELY disproportionate amount of resources even though they will still badmouth whoever they are doing business with. Try one reasonable conversation, if it doesn't work get the product back while refunding them in full including shipping (so you can counter the negative feedback) and move on. Happy customers don't tell anywhere near as many people as unhappy customers but when reasonable people research they will see that your business is ethical and really does try to satisfy everyone (just not to unjustified lengths).
About 10 years ago I returned a call to a company that I had done a little business with in the past and the main contact was out, but in his voicemail he said to call another person. I called the other person and I barely finished telling him my name and company and he said "I'm not interested" and hung up! Normally this wouldn't bother me too much but I was in a grumpy mood that day so I wrote an email to the original contact person and told him what happened and that if these are the type employees that work at his business I no longer wish to do business with them. Probably not the smartest move to make, but after I sent the email I really felt good about it. He did not reply, but the idiot that hung up on me came back after 6 months and started ordering from me again and I continued working with them.

If they had been a big customer of mine I would have let it slide because I'm not stupid and don't want to throw out a lot of revenue, but the circumstances were such that I didn't care one way or the other if I ever sold them anything again. Like I said, sometimes it just feels good to tell people how you really feel when they act like idiots.

Latest posts

Back