• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD High Standard barrel Griswold & Gunnison

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound Tribe

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have this very good quality Griswold & Gunnison. It seems to have very nicely polished internals that cause it to cycle well and lock up tight. It seems to have the internals polished and added a squareback triggerguard instead of a round one. Compared to other brass frame Navy style revolvers I've seen it seems to be much higher quality. The barrel is manufactured by High Standard and is stamped on the top that it was manufactured in Hamden, CT but otherwise is "clean" on the sides, no "black powder only" or "made in italy" markings that the Pietta Griswolds have. This also has the original "CSA" and "Griswold & Gunnison" marking on the side of the gun which the newer Pietta models also don't have. The High Standard barrel itself is worth about $150 on it's own. The bore is in great shape and looks excellent. The wood grips are flawless with no dings or scratches. The metal is good as well, only some minor cylinder drag marks which is normal on most revolvers after use. The overall finish is nice and is a good example of a Confederate revolver.

I will take $325 SHIPPED for this customized version of a High Standard barreled Griswold

I am interested in trades for a few things but the list is a bit long.
If you have a revolver, a carbine, or a rifle that is one of the more rare/unique models, let me know via PM and cash can be added to equal the value if needed.

0.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

I don't believe they made any in 44 caliber. This is the south's best "copy" of the Colt 1851 Navy. Rounded barrel and brass frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back