• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help in identifying

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamorte12

32 Cal
Reaction score
Good Morning gentlemen I was hoping to ask for assistance in identifying a cannon that was found in the basement of a Long Island estate. I have attached several photos for your viewing and as a side note the barrel inside diameter is approximately 2 3/8" inside diameter.

Attachments

• 179_1.jpg
    179_1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 179_2.jpg
    179_2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 179_3.jpg
    179_3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 179_4.jpg
    179_4.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 179_5.jpg
    179_5.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 179_6.jpg
    179_6.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 179_7.jpg
    179_7.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 179_8.jpg
    179_8.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I am no expert either, but that is a real nice find. Looks like a very sturdy well built barrel. Super nice to rebuild some sort of carriage. Hope someone will post what the complete gun should look like.

Whats the handle thing on the back?
Does the breech end screw off for breech loading?

That's the cascabel. Ropes used to stop the piece when recoiling are attached to it. Sometimes there is a ring rather than a knob as shown in the carronade.

Back