• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help identifying rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TN.Frank

45 Cal.
Reaction score

I picked this rifle up from Rebel a few months ago and need to know which model it is. It's an older Traditions made rifle, 1-66" twist, 28" bbl. Thanks. :thumbsup:
Click on the blue line to see the pic.

It is called a Pioneer Rifle. I have a pic of it in one of Sam Fadala's books. They say the max charge with a .490 ball is 100g of FFF, or 110g of FF. It is a good looking rifle you have. Let us know how it shoots.

Thanks. This one is in .54 cal so it'll probably take a slightly larger load then the 50 but then I was only going to use 80grs of 3fg in it anyway. :hatsoff:

I tried a google on that gun, all I can find are pistols called "Pioneer", no rifles. Do you have a link I can look at for this gun.
:hmm:

Someone just told me on another forum that it's pretty much the Traditions version of the CVA Bobcat and only worth about $130. Guess I'll just hang onto it and let the grandsons have some fun. Thanks for the info guys. :thumbsup:

I bought mine from a discount mail order place and i think it was about 140.00.The stock ramrod is fiberglass and if your trigger pull is heavy remove the lock the sear is screw adjustable.

My son has one in 54 cal. 1 in 48 twist and a freind had one in 50 cal. 1 in 32twist, they were bought from the old Gander Mountain in Wilmot Wi. in 95 or 96.They shot very well. Now They do not carry black powder supplies. Mark/Wi

Back