• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Upstate NY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmh0630

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member here. I'm a collector of antique firearms in upstate NY and I've been collecting for about 4 years now. My collection grew significantly during the covid years as I had nothing else to do basically so I bought guns in need of minor restoration and fixed them up. I have always been interested in 18th and 19th century military history, tactics, equipment and arms. I own a variety of muskets and rifles from the 18th and 19th centuries and a few WW1 and WW2 rifles, mostly British Commonwealth in origin as I find those very interesting. For the first few years I only collected them as decorative pieces as I was physically unable to fire them due to a workplace shoulder injury that I have just recently recovered enough from to actually make it out to the range. I have several repro's now that I shoot and this is an enjoyable hobby. I also collect and use early 20th century vintage large format cameras, which I find fits in well with this hobby and is quite fun to do as well. Anyway, that's about it and I am glad to be here and have access to the knowledge and community here on the forum.
Thanks,
Jmh0630

Welcome from Upstate NY - edge of Broome & Chenango Counties.

The Windsor High School is built on the site of my Grandfather's cousin's farm (Clarence R. Weeks - the family donated the land to the school district). He also ran the General Store.

Hello Everyone,
I'm a new member here. I'm a collector of antique firearms in upstate NY and I've been collecting for about 4 years now. My collection grew significantly during the covid years as I had nothing else to do basically so I bought guns in need of minor restoration and fixed them up. I have always been interested in 18th and 19th century military history, tactics, equipment and arms. I own a variety of muskets and rifles from the 18th and 19th centuries and a few WW1 and WW2 rifles, mostly British Commonwealth in origin as I find those very interesting. For the first few years I only collected them as decorative pieces as I was physically unable to fire them due to a workplace shoulder injury that I have just recently recovered enough from to actually make it out to the range. I have several repro's now that I shoot and this is an enjoyable hobby. I also collect and use early 20th century vintage large format cameras, which I find fits in well with this hobby and is quite fun to do as well. Anyway, that's about it and I am glad to be here and have access to the knowledge and community here on the forum.
Thanks,
Jmh0630
welcome from far upstate ny!

Back