• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello From Illinois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DjPorkchop

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello good people!

Names ray and I live in Southern Illinois. I just had a old (35 + years) muzzle loader given to me by my father. So I am new to all of this.

I look forward to reading some interesting reads and talking with some interesting folk.

Take care and happy firing!

Welcome to the Forum. :hatsoff: You have come to the right place to learn about muzzleloading. Lots of knowledgeable folks here who will be glad to answer your questions or solve a problem.

What kind of gun did your father give you?

Howdy Ray. :hatsoff:
You'll learn more stuff here than you ever guessed you didn't know.
And we're chock fulla "interesting folks". :haha:
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Ray. you'll find plenty of useful help and tips contained here. don't be afraid to ask any questions. I just got back from southern IL today, I was down by Fairfield hunting with my muzzleloader. my sister lives in marion with her husband.

Welcome to the forum! You will find all the information you need to get that muzzleloader smoking again! Plenty of good folks here with tons of experience and knowledge right here. Anything you need to know just ask. We also have the search feature that covers most any question that you may have. 99.9% of the time your questions have probably already come up and have been looked into in fine detail. Anyway, don't be afraid to ask if you feel the need. I always ask here before making any big steps or purchasing items. This place has given me a wealth of information and knowledge and has saved me alot of money too! I learn something new every day here. I take this site like I take my daily vitamin. Gotta have it! By the way, I have kin down in Hardin County on my wifes side. Welcome to the forum and enjoy! Respectfully, cowboys1062. :hatsoff:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I really appreciate it!

I have had a look through and man is there ever a lot of stuff here to read. I'm going to love every minute of it!

Back