• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from England

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian the Brit

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm Brian (the Brit) from Dorset, England. I've been shooting for seven years and am a keen user of black powder in my .577 Euroarms Enfield P58 2-band, 1889 Martini-Henry MkII 577-450 and Armi San Marco Sharps Model 1874 45-90.

I also have an 1895 Lee-Metford Cavalry Carbine; 1900 Long Lee Enfield; 1916 Eddystone P14; 1955 Lee Enfield No4; Bonehill converted .22 Martini-Henry; Parker-Hale (1937) converted 1915 BSA .22 SMLE and a BSA 'Famous No 12' .22 target rifle.

My ambition is to own a Baker rifle but having just seen one advertised here in the UK for £7,500 (US$ 15,000) (Gulp!) I shall have to keep wishing. Even reproductions seem to be about £2,000 ($4,000)over here.

I've recently fired a mate's replica Brown Bess and am now keen to add a flintlock to my collection. This forum seems to be the best place on the Web to learn the necessary techniques.

Brian

Welcome BtB! :hatsoff:

Have you ever thought about building your own Baker Rifle? Some suppliers here in the U.S. use to offer the Baker stock, barrel and parts, or I'm sure someone like Ed Rayl could make you a Baker barrel. Seems you ought to be able to save a few dollars/pounds by possibly going that route? :thumbsup:

welcome Brian, glad you found this sight.

In just a few days I will be portraying a British soldier and/or ranger at a two weekend event.
I'll fly the King's colors at my camp in honor of our allies across the pond.

Hello Brian, welcome to the forum. There's a huge amount of information here, just waiting to be ferreted out. Use the search feature to find previous posts about Bess and Baker. That will keep you busy for awhile.
I met one of your countrymen in June at the National Muzzleloading rifle Association national shoot at Friendship Indiana. He had just won third place in a 1000 yard shoot, in the worst wind you can imagine (65 kph!). He's from the Channel Islands.

Welcome!!! You are going to learn more than you can possibly imagine here. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks here.

Brian,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have another
Brit in the mix.Hope you visit often and
contribute when you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Back