• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Arizona

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattwfreyer

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello the camp!

My name is Matt. I had my first taste of black powder smoke as a boy at a Rendezvous in Williams Arizona. I still have dreams about the trade blankets and the shoots. Sadly life got too busy and my Hawken stayed in the closet. Finally I came to my senses and pulled the old girl out and joined the Powder Horn Clan, an AZ based club with some truly amazing folks. Super excited to be learning, fellowshipin’, and smelling the glorious smoke once more!

And greetings from still further South - Sierra Vista!

mhb - MIke - Montezuma Muzzleloaders

Welcome to ya from Pa.. , Matt. ......I've been down the road called , "too busy." 600 miles a week , sleeping in the co. car, never ending 14 to 16 hour days. One of a couple things that kept me going was planning , in my head , the next scratch m/l build , and where I would stop to shoot a few balls into some paper. Just so I could keep a grip on reality , I joined about 5 sportsman clubs in my central Pa. business territory, just to use their ranges in a transient sort of way. "Too busy" , didn't kill me ,but close , a time or two. Keep going Matt , where there's a will , there's a way...............oldwood

Welcome from Sunny Cold FLA-- Your story is repeated hundreds of times
here. Forum members are often the older folks because in the Rat Race there
is little time for sport and pursuits of passion. When life slows down, you
re-evaluate what you really like to do. Result is that, on average, people here
are very experienced in many walks of life and conditions. To me they are
the Wise Owls of the muzzleloading Tradition. Again welcome and start
posting.

Last edited:
Back