• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Heads up on revolver deals.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norinco

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Taylor's Firearms told me that they will be at Nations Gun Show this weekend (Chantilly VA) and that not only will they have huge discounts on Pietta revolvers (didn't say how huge) there, but they will all come with a free spare cylinder.

Sigh, kind of a long road trip from East Texas, but thanks for the information.

The folks are nice to deal with, no regrets at all.

RDE

My plan was to go to the show and buy used revolvers for cheap. If that doesn't play out, I'll be extremely tempted to take up their deal and get a Pietta Remington.

Even at 120 miles each way in my hybrid, it would have to be one heck of a discount to justify the travel and time expense.

On their website, they have a brass frame Colt Navy with a spare cylinder for $160. They said they will have one of those (per day perhaps?) at that price there. Their Pietta's cost like $250-280, so with a "sizable" discount and a free cylinder, I hope it comes out cheaper than buying Cabelas even after shipping.

Still, drive 120 miles to a big gun show, haha.

Hey UPS comes to the door. And I haven't seen a "deal" at a gun show in over ten years. With the internet the days of buying an "old single shot" ( ballard) for $50 are pretty much over. Maybe it is because I can remember when those deals were common. Paid $5.00 each for most of my few dozen Ideal loading tools. Bought Rollers for $25 to $50 at the Manassas Armory show and Bought the last 5 Martini Henry's Interarms had for $75 each. Got brand new muzzleloading target pistols for $35 each down at a show in Leesburg, Va. Heck, I bought a 50-70 Trapdoor (a shooter) for $35 at the show at Hugo's Roller rink. If I went to a big show today, I'd die of sticker shock.

Yeah, I guess these days people just go on Gunbroker to check prices. No more "I have no idea what this is so I'll sell it cheap."

Back