• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HAWES 36 cal navy nipple thread?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmflintlock

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey ya’ll I know it’s been a while since I was here but I know you guys are quite knowledgeable in these things. I have a HAWES 36 caliber navy and it’s in need of new nipples. Can anyone tell me what thread they have and where I might get some? Thanks!!
YMHS
JRM

Hawes was an importer. Need photos of manufacturer and date code. It could be an Uberti, Pietta, Armi San Marco, Armi San Paolo, or other manufacturer.

Once you have determined that, Track Of The Wolf should have something to fit.

Regards,

Jim

Easier to take a nipple to a hardware store with a thread tester to measure the threads. The nipple threads on the Hawes will likely be 6mm-0.75. You will want to measure the overall length and thread length. Track of the Wolf has a good selection of nipples for revolvers.

I contacted track and they told me which ones. I will take them to a hardware store today and see what I can discover! Thanks all!

Back