• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gun range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear a little to... back then u could do that more if you hacked it up.

They didn't have money these sites back then... you know even the moderate was a clown sometimes joining in

Just shooting...

Nowadays I don't think two members would last a couple posts attacks here or these days not like then... it's suicide. They ban both right away

I hunted NC. it's nice

Stayed in one of those old houses. You know those ones on the farms. They all leased it together.

Tuff to get in that group.. had to vote between 6 members. if just one says no it's no. everyone had to agree on whatever there problems are usually somone wanted to bring a friend or money.

It was flat where I was there.

They had a sand pit down the street.
I lived in south Florida for a total of 42 years. That part of Florida makes a pancake look like mountains! Gotta go where there's not only left and right, but also up and down! (giggle!)

Lol I'm not naming sites but I kinda found one I like for an example but wow there all like perfect... im sure there nice and would let me post right...

I'm not you know.... I gotta have my wife make the post for me.

Most gun clubs here you need to know someone. Sponsor

It's no good when they have some money.. need to know someone there to get in

I didn't see that on my clubs page so I called them and wanted to join. asked who do I need to know.

The guy was cool. He told me I didn't need know anyone. $$$ and your a member!!

The two club s growing up I got in threw sponsor.. they were rich er

You have to go to the monthly meeting with your sponsor. State your case. Then they like vote on it.

I have a100 yard range with 50 yard backstop on our 10 acres. Could cut a few trees and stretch it to 150, but it's fine for sighting and plinking. Used the front loader of the tractor to build up backstops. Need a better, heavier shooting table/bench.

Got a 50-yard range behind the house. Good for the muzzle loader, sighting-in and verifying zeroes. For longer range I drive a little over an hour to the the National Forest Service range run by the state DNR. Separate shooting ranges for rifles and pistols. Two or more paid Range Safety Officers on duty. Bring your paper targets. They provide the stands. The shooting benches are thick, solid wood with attached adjustable swivel seats. It's really great for sighting in your hunting rifles and practicing running your pistol. Range rules are strictly enforced. No mag dumping. No double-tap. No off-hand rifle. Able to concentrate on your shooting and not have to worry about the d*** f*** down the line waving his gun around trying to clear a jam. The old range was wild west and covered with old computers, propane tanks and other trash. Risked your life if you were there past noon when the gang-bangers and kids showed up.

Need a better, heavier shooting table/bench.
Try what I did. 6' pressure-treated posts stuck down in the ground with post-hole diggers. Then build a shooting table out of P.T 2x4s.
I built mine in the 1990s and it's still doing fine.

Termites and other pests destroy regular lumber down here. In Indiana your P.T. bench could last for a couple of centuries.

Last edited:
I shoot off my back deck at 22 yard clangers. Out front I have a 80 yard range, backstop is piled up hemlock logs. I belong to a shooting club about 40 miles away, but I never go, I just keep paying my yearly dues.

My son wants nothing to do with hunting. Never has. 10 years old

My daughter.. she's 5 and wants a deer. the bunny's ate the garden so there on the list too. She needs her own dog..

I was thinking teaching her on the 20ga pedersoli and getting one of those. I kinda don't want to though. Would she be able to handle a 10ga at around 12 years old? I'd like to get her into the 10.

I remember the 12 was to big for me. Starting out

It's better to learn this. Blackpowder

Last edited:
I had a 40 yard archery range until Karen called dcf.. they even said I was OK.. but they going to show up everytime someone calls..

So now I can't even shoot my bow here

The bike guy. Good guy moved... she called to many time s and he gave up

I even hide and boot out in hunting gear or anything... I don't need her seeing anything... it's a funny feeling going house to car with everything.

I say Karen but it's a mid age guy with a head thing he flips out over there.

Last edited:
Fortunate to belong to a muzzleloading club that has enjoyed the privilege of leasing the same land for 20 years now. Otherwise it would be tough. Only one small public range within driving distance and I mean small. A couple club ranges in the vicinity.

I'd like to say something out of topic but fire 🔥

Our lawer just tried stealing my mom's and dad's houses.. if something happened.. like shares or something.

Never mind the range no home either.

On topic....

Ask or don't ask.

Private gun club properties

Its just muzzloader.. I think I'm ok

I don't have a modern permit.. do u stick out and ask if your OK..

Just if they like all oh no no no then I gotta go somewhere else. But I do doubt that.

I asked the game warden when hunting. He was checking bags and permits.. he's OK with me.. I was shaking when I asked all scared.

Another reason I don't like anyone there and only go to sight in...

My wife says I'm fine. But it's a good question i think...

I'm not the only one without permit and one of these. It's not easy don't fit in.

And yes working to getting that back the permit just be be able to buy in state or online supplies. I drive out of state for supplies.

Last edited:
Back