• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Northern MI

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airmansteve

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Say if there's an open stump around this campfire, I'd love to share a cup of coffee with y'all!

:hatsoff: Welcome to the campfire,it gets crowded around here once in awhile,but we'll make room for ya.Enjoy the site.Griz

Welcome to the fire. You'll find a wealth of knowledge here. So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

Thanks guys! nice to be here. My son gives me some good natured ribbing about having a gun collection that is 80% blackpowder! What can I say, it's just plain fun to shoot!

Welcome! There's an empty stump right over here. Set a spell and have a cup!
I'm an "airman" as well,having held an A&P for over 30 years now, an IA since '84, and still using them on a daily basis. What sort are you?
Now, tell us about this 80% collection.... :hmm:

Welcome!

Was born and raised in TC and moved to Flint.

Thanks,
Foster From Flint

Welcome to the MLF Steve! There is always a stump availiable for traditional black powder shooters at the fire. Camp is full of friendly knowlegable folks with a lifetime of experience to share.

Captain Kirk, nice to meet you! Straight A&P right now, had it for about 27 years. Had my IA as well but let it go a few years ago when I was going through a divorce. Too much stuff going on then. Not able to use my license on a daily basis, but I hope to open my own shop up here in a year or so. This 80% black powder collection consists of a CVA Hawken, Lyman Hawken with a (shudder) synthetic stock, CVA something with a (shudder again) synthetic stock, T/C Renegade that really could use a new barrel in .54 cal. and an original piece that I have no idea what it might be. and an SKS and a Savage mod.74 .22 cal. single shot.Oh yeah, an army model cap and ball revolver in .36 cal. I think that's all...

Cool...another veteran A&P! If you ever get the opportunity to fly into UGN stop in and see me and goody...we'll talk yer ear off about airplanes AND ML'ers!
Speaking of which, sounds like you've got a great collection going there!
You might look into re-stocking those (shudder) synthetic guns. Pecatonica River is only over in Rockford and makes some of the best stocks around. He may even have some drop-in's ready made...who knows? http://www.longrifles-pr.com/
Keep 'em flying, and keep yer powder dry! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back