• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greenmountain Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shifty

45 Cal.
Reaction score
What is a near mint 50cal Greenmountain Dropin for T/C Renegade LRH Barrel worth?

occasionally one will still be found for a fairly reasonable price but, most I've seen lately have wwent for anywhere from $250.00 to $350.00

I bought mine two years ago new for $156 and would not trade it or sell it. It is a great shooter with that plastic stuff we can't talk about here.

Probably not as much as the slower twist barrels run. I have one, and it is a good shooter, but I think that most who would want a fast twist for the unspeakable projectiles would rather have a more modern gun.

I watch online for GM barrels, and it seems the slow twist barrels command a higher price.

hawk driver said:
Probably not as much as the slower twist barrels run. I have one, and it is a good shooter, but I think that most who would want a fast twist for the unspeakable projectiles would rather have a more modern gun.

I watch online for GM barrels, and it seems the slow twist barrels command a higher price.

I see it very different from you. The fast twist barrels are in much higher demand in my opinion. I get guys all the time that contact me looking for them. And I would like to add that the fast twist will also shoot conicals and paper patched bullets. These are not unspeakable, and a lot of guys like shooting traditional guns with conicals and paper patched conicals.
Ron

Yall are making me itch and I won't be able to scratch it until that .52 drop-in Renegade barrel gets here.
On the GM drop-in barrels price, I've asked myself pretty much the same question and don't have an answer.

There is a used LRH barrel on Ebay now, 3 bids, up to $125, 5 days left. The last 2 or 3 slow twist barrels I have watched on there have gone for lots more.

I know folks shoot conicals or paper patched thru them, but from what I have seen over the last year, the slow twist barrels go for much more than a fast twist.

Just my observation, others may have seen different.

I'd sure be hard pressed to part with the GM .62 that Mr. Hoyt round bottom rifled for me. That much metal out of the middle of the one inch wide barrel makes the TC Hawken hold ju-u-ust right. It's just about my favorite flinter.

Not wanting to tease anyone but when I gather some pics together I will list on this site my T/C Hawken with GM 50Cal bbl w/roundball twist, Davis double-set triggers on a nicely done kit stock. Don't know what I'll ask but the chit-chat on this thread led me to make this decision. I shoot my Traditions Shenandoah now and don't need the other rifle. Blackfingers

Tip Curtis still list some drop in GM barrel for $275. 615-654-4445 Better hurry he will be leaving for a rondy in Fl. soon.

Posting pictures and talking about your gun is fine but remember the forum rule that prohibits offering , or asking for items that are for sale.

Track can supply a barrel and parts as well as labor to cut to specified length, fit your choice of breech plug, under lug and cut sight dove tails.

Don't know costs but I bought a 1" percussion .54 drop in and their 1" TC flint breech plug. Then had them remove the pop breech and instal the rock breech plug.

Bob Hoyt
700 Fairfield Station Rd.
Fairfield, Pa. 17320

Phone 717 642-6696 , may not answer if real busy. just keep trying to call back

I bought a Renegade stock without a barrel then installed a GM barrel. Better shooter for my purposes. I like deep rifling and slow twist for the heavy charges I use elk hunting with PRBs. Will do fine on moose and buffalo too.

Latest posts

Back