• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Green Mountain T/C Replacement Barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be some guy working out of his garage trying to avoid the taxman. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Jimbo47 said:
Could be some guy working out of his garage trying to avoid the taxman. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Think you may be right. Like I'm assuming BillinOregon did, I tried a reverse phone look-up and no businesses came up. Personally would not call and definitely would not send money to this "business."

dsayer said:
Jimbo47 said:

Think you may be right. Like I'm assuming BillinOregon did, I tried a reverse phone look-up and no businesses came up. Personally would not call and definitely would not send money to this "business."

This is exactly why I persisted in asking about the business name? I am not in the market (now anyway) but if so would wanna know who I was calling, could get on a scam list selling generic India made black powder from Canadian On-Line powder CO! :rotf:

I'm not. Richard could have stated there was no business listed in the add, just a phone # but he chose not to, referred to another member for the information he had right in front of him? If he wanted to "help a member out" as he stated what the heck is wrong with stating there was no name in the ad when asked? Others have agreed that w/o a name ain't no phone call being made.

I did wish him a good day.

Azman,

I know Richard and I also know he was trying to help. To tell you the truth I would trust the ad in Muzzle Blast more often than so internet source.

Because you have no interest in buying,getting or anything else, in this post I do think you owe Richard a apology. He was trying to help someone else and you took offense.

Michael

i asked a question he wouldn't answer. he had the ad. he can apologize to me. he didn't know i wasn't really interested. With the ad in front of him (as he quoted off it) he referred to you....whats that say? :eek:ff be done with it

BTW I dont want/need an apology from Richard

Thanks Richard, I think I have that copy. I'll look it up. Much appreciated. My original barrel is 40+ years old and I'd like the RB barrel in .54

Thank you all for your help. This nasty habit, working means I got home late to a whole bunch of responses!

azmntman,
Like in the PM, we should be having a cup of coffee together instead of peering at screens and trying to decipher intents.

Well, I got my coffee. But it's time to hop in the shower and go look at some equipment, then run home and probably get dissed by the cat for being gone. She can get it said in so few syllables.
Later yall.

gunworks has them in stock, you will love this barrel, I have it and it shoots great, seems the more powder I give her the batter she shoots. I stopped at 100 grains pyro 2F and she loves it

OK, Brown Bear. Wish we were shootin' pals.... Do you recommend Oregon Barrels?

I'm looking for a by gosh accurate RB barrel for my TC Hawken whilst I can still see good enough to shoot.

Wife won't let me guide brown bears anymore because she thinks I'm going snow blind or something. Been to the glass hanger... back to glasses. Macular some-such.... working on it... retired foresters cain't afford new guns all a time. And stuff... I'd like a RB barrel so your advice would be appreciated.

Maybe I'll save for a TVM gun. Would love a John Bergman rifle. Just don't want to ask till I know I can swing it. Glen

T'would be fun to have you in our crowd of muzzlestuffers, one in fact you might know. He's into his 70's now and still guiding a few browns and quite a few buffalo. Don't really want to dredge his name out too far in public without his sayso, but he Frank B down on Kodiak. Been shooting original muzzleloaders his whole life, and in fact does all his personal hunting with flinters. Very, very good guy to have in your corner. Sounds like your wife and his are popped from the same mold for friendship, support and companionship. And a wee bit of steering! :grin:

I have three rifles with fer-sure Oregon barrels and another I suspect. All are terrifically accurate. Oregon barrels have a rep for accuracy, and in my experience it's well deserved.

Couple of points on older peepers like yours and mine: Longer barrels make that front sight a bit easier to find. Also, if you shove the rear sight 6" further forward than usual on the barrel or even more, that helps, too.

Brownie, anyone who runs flint in the Alaska peninsula rain has my complete and utter respect.
Glen, if you go with Oregon Barrel Works I think you'll be pleased. Good luck with the vision issues. Having cataract surgery next week myself.

Had cataract surgery several years ago. Shooting eye 1st. Doc asked “do you want this one to be for close like reading or far?” . I think a few seconds and throw my right fist straight out thumb straight up like a damned Texas Aggie and says “make it where I can see that thumb nail plain as day”. “OK” says he “can I ask why”. “That’s where my rear sight is”. He did. Works great on pistols. Given more time I might have had it to focus where the front sight is on rifles at least the shorter barreled ones.

Later had left eye done for distance. Bought a pack of cheater readers. Keep one pair on a cord around my neck and others in each vehicle for typing and reading on smart Alec phone like now. Even got some readers w full lenses and “bifocal” at the bottom for shooting so can see close up if need to and still keep manure out of my eyes.

I keep readers everywhere, in my truck, on my work bench, shooting bag and had a special pair of prescription glasses made for shooting. All this after my cataract surgeries in both eyes.

Latest posts

Back