• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got a jake this morning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turkeys have been scarce here this spring. Finally got a jake this morning using my newly built club butt fowler with a 20 ga Colerain turkey choke barrel. View attachment 320237
Nice bird! In a few rural cities here in Quebec, people get "chased" by wild turkeys instead of the opposite. And it's in the middle of the city. One good example is in the city of Louiseville (no, not Louisville, Ky). Lol. Of course, you can't hunt within the city limits.

Well done buddy! Beautiful piece, and some good eating! I came close to shooting one so far. Actually called in 2. If the Jake bird would have come I'm a little closer...... He was about 40 yards, long beard about 60. Had a decoy set of 2 hens and a Jake about 20 yards in front of me. My New Englander with a Sky Chief load of #4's is good to about 30. Talk about an adrenaline rush though. Glad to see you got it done! Again, congrats!

Back