• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good Morning!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoastComanche

32 Cal
Reaction score
Good Morning,
I am a 28 year old who grew up shooting blackpowder. My step father taught me on a Hawken, a 54 cal Ardesa, a Navy, Army. Later, stepped me up to a Marlin 30-30 and some shotguns. He is getting older and always told me about deer hunting with his father in the Florida Everglades. Recently, I have been attending as many classes, in hunting and proper zone educate. To help re-introduce my step-father to new woods, Remind him of a lifestyle he grew up in.
Living in southern california wasnt his choice, still really isnt. I go out kayak fishing quiet often and have been traveling in my Comanche pretty often to enjoy nature. The more time I spend, the more time I look forward to spending understanding my surroundings outside. Recently, More and more regulation are being in place in rock fishing. In addition spring, summer, Bass fishing season come to a close. I look to invest in camping and muzzle loaded hunting. I am a huge fan of history, and my stepdad showed my Jerimiah Johnson before teaching me to shoot when I was a kid. I cannot wait to get a pair of Hawkens one day, and have him pass down knowledge his father taught him. I know he will want me to take my first deer with him, but honestly I just want to help him get at least a few good hunts in, while he still has good legs under him. Man has taught me most of what I know.

Looking into kits, lyman, great plains, maybe something prebuilt for my stepdad like a pedersoli... Knowing him he would want something made in the USA. I just desire quality and accuracy, and yes ( preferably American ). -

Cheers!

Last edited:
Welcome from Upstate NY.

I had to do it with unrelated mentors as the hunters in my family ancestory died before I was born and Dad was definately NOT an outdoorsman. He never even threw a baseball to me. Grandpa was an outdoorsman . . . but WWI (he was a lieutenant with the Sixth infantry, Co. I. of the Fifth Division) and his actions in France soured him to any kind of hunting. Though he did make sure I knew how to shoot.

Last edited:
Back