• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Glad I found your site!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CG6018

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I've enjoyed reading the comments from around the country, and it is good to join shooters of these assault rifles of the 18th. and 19th. centuries. I started nearly 30 years ago with a TC Hawken I picked up at an auction. As a lefty, the flash in my face turned me into a flinch-lock shooter. A Cabela's Hatfield rifle didn't help since I could only get it to fire about every other try. I sold that and bought a second-hand, left-handed flintlock from Brad Emig of Cabin Creek Muzzleloaders, and I've been totally hooked ever since. I gave that rifle to my son, and somehow have accumulated three custom-made lefty flinters that I enjoy a whole lot. At present, I'm putting together a Pedersoli kit for my grandson who will join us in two more years to chase whitetails here in Pennsylvania.

Back