• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Girls and Gonnes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bingo1952

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I got the Gonne out this weekend for a little fun in the warm temperatures we are having right now. I hope they last. My son and his girlfriend came over for a visit yesterday. She is a history major so I thought she would get a kick (no pun intended) from firing the gonne. We had a blast(Once again no pun intended). Here are a few pics of the outing.
Ann1.jpg

Ann2.jpg

Ann3.jpg

Me1.jpg

Stuart1.jpg

The load used was 65 grains of 2F powder and a .670 RB with a cushion wad and an overshot card over the ball. It was railroading going downrange. Just guessing I would say in the 800-900 fps range. It was no real problem to get it to a rise in the terrain that was at least 200 yards distant.

Runnball:

Ahhh, if only I could be so lucky to find a lady like that! :(

Hopefully she'll be a gonner now! (pun intended)

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Looks like a good time was had by all! Good looking son you have there and he certainly knows how to pick a lady friend.

Good for you Runnball!

Making history come alive for her, I bet she'll appreciate the textbooks even more now. :thumbsup:

Yes, indeed,
I wish I could get my daughter in law to try shooting. The English Flinter I made for my son when he was 12 is hiding in a closet at their house. She knows it's there, but there is no trouble as long as he doesn't get it out. Hoooeee!
I'd sure like to see her enjoy the hobby with him.
congratulations.
volatpluvia

Latest posts

Back