• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gettin' Horny......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Appalachian

Feral American
Reaction score
Got these inbound from a source found on FB. That'll keep me carvin' and scratchin' for a minute or two.
received_310278301280011.jpeg

how much for a good one?
Can you elaborate a little on what you want?

If you want a finished powder horn it'll be mid winter before I do any horns this year.

If you just want a horn to make your own I can set you up with who sold me these horns.

how much for a finished horn, nothing elaborate, but fully functional and plain?

how much for a finished horn, nothing elaborate, but fully functional and plain?
I carve and scrimshaw them so I don't really plan on doing plain ones. I also have to look at my pricing again. At the moment I'm just building up an inventory of horns to work with later this year.

If you just want simple, plain, and functional there's a US military veteran that's making them for BuffaloArms. The "Cureton Large" horn is very nice and well made.

I carve and scrimshaw them so I don't really plan on doing plain ones. I also have to look at my pricing again. At the moment I'm just building up an inventory of horns to work with later this year.

If you just want simple, plain, and functional there's a US military veteran that's making them for BuffaloArms. The "Cureton Large" horn is very nice and well made.
That Veteran is me! Gerry Messmer. The Cureton horn was designed by Earl Cureton in the 1960s and Charleton Heston carries one made by Earl in The Mountain Men. It is a rugged and functional horn! www.powderhornsandmore.com

Back