• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gardening ..again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love a ribeye, but it's usually more fat than I ought to be eating. Generally eat strip steaks. Good beef doesn't want more than salt andpepper and agood hot iron sear and not too much cooking.
Agree, and (heavy) salt & pepper is all I use too. Only have steak about once a month due to cost.

Love a ribeye, but it's usually more fat than I ought to be eating. Generally eat strip steaks. Good beef doesn't want more than salt andpepper and agood hot iron sear and not too much cooking.
Ive gotten to where I like to reverse sear my steaks on my Webber with some hickory. Know what I'm having for supper tomorrow!

Agree, and (heavy) salt & pepper is all I use too. Only have steak about once a month due to cost.
Tonight my step son told me that "if you have to put Steak Sauce on a steak it isn't done right." Oh well, I put the sauce on anyway even if he did pay for it.

Tonight my step son told me that "if you have to put Steak Sauce on a steak it isn't done right." Oh well, I put the sauce on anyway even if he did pay for it.
I had a steak from outback once. They put some kind of spice on it that tastes like burnt soap. The only way I could eat that thing was ketchup, lots of ketchup. Haven't been back since.

Well fellas, finally gotter planted. First year we tried the weed barrier stuff, hopefully it works. It was a lot of work, but worth it. Not a huge garden, but I should be able to keep on top of it between fishing trips.

Attachments

• IMG_20240519_174503808.jpg
    IMG_20240519_174503808.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Well fellas, finally gotter planted. First year we tried the weed barrier stuff, hopefully it works. It was a lot of work, but worth it. Not a huge garden, but I should be able to keep on top of it between fishing trips.
Let us know how that weed barrier works. I got a notion to give it a try next year. I'd like to reclaim some of my garden that the Bermuda Grass took over. But without chemicals

I understand. We do not eat steak more than once or twice a month. But I figure a boneless pound feeds the two of us. If there is a good sale I will buy a few and cryovac and freeze them. That vac pac machine has paid for itself several times over.

I understand. We do not eat steak more than once or twice a month. But I figure a boneless pound feeds the two of us. If there is a good sale I will buy a few and cryovac and freeze them. That vac pac machine has paid for itself several times over.
Oh yes, good thing about being retired is being able to shop the sales. My Wife keeps the freezer full, we’re just frugal with it. But I have learned to cook and enjoy the cheaper cuts here at the camp. Not out of necessity but as a hedge.

Let us know how that weed barrier works. I got a notion to give it a try next year. I'd like to reclaim some of my garden that the Bermuda Grass took over. But without chemicals
Will do Louis. Last year, we went away for 10 days, and the patch was as clean as a hound tooth. When we got back, it was so bad we couldn't recover. Was shameful. I did a lot of research on the stuff, and it seems pretty good idea. The only drawback I see is spacing if you wanted to plant different things the next year.

Can't wait for the tomatoes to be ready. we're going to have cherry tomatoes coming out of our ears. I bought a couple plants not knowing mamma did too. I looked high and low for Cherokee Purple cherries with no luck, so I got 2 black cherry plants. Worse problems to have I suppose.

N.E. Missouri is rain, rain, rain ..tiller died ..rain. rain. rain ..did I mention Management's (wife's) tiller died? Cut to the chase. Repair of our ol' reliable Troy Bilt was 1300. New exact same (now Craftsman) was $999. We do about an acre and a half. Walk into the garden and your feet will be about the size of peck baskets. Groundhog and cottontails were eating off new plants as soon as we set them out. Groundhog is no longer a problem. Shoot. Shovel. Shut up. Bunnies? Max-The-Bassett and Herbie the deaf Chiweenie chase the same bunnies every evening but, Alas, surviving Bugs Bunnies have pre-determined routes that involve buildings and vehicles too expensive to shoot toward. What seeds we've planted are coming up nicely (along with mucho weeds).

We'll eventually "Git 'Er Done" of course, but it won't be a great year. Have Fun !!!

We added one more pepper plant, and 6 Butter Crisp lettuce plants today. Trying hard to behave and not overcrowd. I did buy 11 6ft x 1in oak stakes for the tomatoes. I was trying to be a cheapskate and use some 8 ft 2in ferring strips I had laying around, they were kind of awkward, and I didn't have enough anyway.

I'm going to try and figure out the drip irrigation kit I got over the next couple of days.

I was gonna run outside and take a photo or two of my "still green" tomatoes. But I waited too long, not enough sunlight. Maybe tomorrow . I got 3 varieties coming along nicely.
You fellas down south are probably going to tired of eating tomatoes and start canning before I get to enjoy my first one🤣 got plenty of salt and Tajin on standby ready for duty when the day comes though.

Got 5 squash today and the Blackstone took care of them real quick.
I figured now that I'm retired, I probably don't have a bunch of years left. So I'm going to try and enjoy some of that time. My ma used to make us fried zucchini and bacon for us for breakfast. I think I am going to fry some when it starts maturing. And you bet I am going to fry it in bacon grease. 🤤

N.E. Missouri is rain, rain, rain ..tiller died ..rain. rain. rain ..did I mention Management's (wife's) tiller died? Cut to the chase. Repair of our ol' reliable Troy Bilt was 1300. New exact same (now Craftsman) was $999. We do about an acre and a half. Walk into the garden and your feet will be about the size of peck baskets. Groundhog and cottontails were eating off new plants as soon as we set them out. Groundhog is no longer a problem. Shoot. Shovel. Shut up. Bunnies? Max-The-Bassett and Herbie the deaf Chiweenie chase the same bunnies every evening but, Alas, surviving Bugs Bunnies have pre-determined routes that involve buildings and vehicles too expensive to shoot toward. What seeds we've planted are coming up nicely (along with mucho weeds).

We'll eventually "Git 'Er Done" of course, but it won't be a great year. Have Fun !!!
I couldn't get my tiller started if my life depended on it. I am down in my back and I surely hope this "spell" don't last. This could be my last garden.

I had to get a rear drive tiller last year. My old Craftsman front drive tiller was getting the best of me. That sucker will beat you up. Didn't notice way back when. I don't like this getting old stuff one bit. That rear drive one is pretty easy on a fella I must admit though.

Back