• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Game Bag Experiment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cobbled this together from material I salvaged from an old mesh bag. Might have been a laundry bag originally, but I'm not sure. I've hunted for a lace tablecloth that has a large section of plain netting or a fishing net etc, but never could so I went with this for now - if a better net ever turns up I'll make another - but I have something in the meantime to use and enjoy. I added two leather tabs with grommets to the pouch that matched the net's tabs, so I simply laced the two together and can still remove the net bag if I do not need it or decide to move it to a different pouch. If I decide I like this net I'll cut the grommets off and sew the bag onto this and build a more accurate net for a nicer leather game bag I have.

Attachments

• gamenet1.jpg
    gamenet1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • gamenet2.jpg
    gamenet2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • gamenet4.jpg
    gamenet4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Military surplus stores often have packages of old school natural material fishing net for use in making ghillie suits.

Another option is to make the net. It really isn't that difficult, just time consuming and a little monotonous.
I've made nets from paracord, but I think I'd lose whats left of my mind if I tried to weave a tiny mesh net like I'd want for a game bag :)

I cobbled this together from material I salvaged from an old mesh bag. Might have been a laundry bag originally, but I'm not sure. I've hunted for a lace tablecloth that has a large section of plain netting or a fishing net etc, but never could so I went with this for now - if a better net ever turns up I'll make another - but I have something in the meantime to use and enjoy. I added two leather tabs with grommets to the pouch that matched the net's tabs, so I simply laced the two together and can still remove the net bag if I do not need it or decide to move it to a different pouch. If I decide I like this net I'll cut the grommets off and sew the bag onto this and build a more accurate net for a nicer leather game bag I have.
That's pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back