• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

G Gedney Godwin ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyhole

45, 50, 69, 75
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I placed my first order with them on Feb 14 and have never heard from them since then. I’ve sent three nice emails, 1 phone call, and 1 not so nice request for a refund and I’ve received no answers. Does anyone here have info to share?

I’ll certainly never order from them again, just wondering if I’ve lost my money.

IMG_0448.jpeg

Last edited:
I placed my first order with them on Feb 14 and have never heard from them since then. I’ve sent three nice emails, 1 phone call, and 1 not so nice request for a refund and I’ve received no answers. Does anyone here have info to share?

I’ll certainly never order from them again, just wondering if I’ve lost my money.

View attachment 307542
A simple search of yelp will answer your Question. Sorry....

Our Rev War Reenactment group dropped them as a suggested resource and made public via our Newsletter of Godwins abysmal failure to send items that were paid in full for, some members waiting years.
They used to be good, like 20 years ago. Now, I wouldn’t even consider Godwin.
Gordon Ramsey would ask them..."at what point did you stop caring..."

I have purchased from them in the past. Sorry to hear their reputation has fallen. Seemed like good people a few years ago.

I placed an order with GG about two months ago for about $300. I did not get a reply to any of my e-mails.

Finally I called. He answered the phone right away. He said my order was backlogged many months, so I cancelled the order.

Then I called my cc company and filed a dispute just in case my refund was also backlogged for many months.

From all I've read, I would stay away from this guy.

Last edited:
I have purchased from them in the past. Sorry to hear their reputation has fallen. Seemed like good people a few years ago.
I would only buy from Godwin, if he were at an event and you could take the item with you. I did so at Cowpens several years ago. I am quite happy with that round hat.
Later I ordered a bayonet scabbard and some fittings. It took all Summer to receive them.

Companies with poor CC histories like this one may face cancelation. This is in addition to not allowing purchases of firearms related item and or freezing accounts making it impossible to recover $. . Understand even the scammers choice, zelle or venmo have now adopted this policy.

Latest posts

Back