• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Friendship National Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The NMLRA National shoot starts tommrow,June 10-18.
I think my wife and I will go down a couple of times next week during the week,as we only live 90 miles away.Does anyone plan on going this year?

I'm headin' over tomorrow night. Never been before. Gonna see what I can see on Sunday and get back for work on Monday. If it's REALLY good and I can't get it all seen on Sunday, I might try again on Thursday. It's only a 5 hour drive from here... :youcrazy:

I'm going next Saturday, spending this weekend at IRP at the Goodguys nationals.

Just went - bring plenty of money. I love to shop there! Found a knife I really wanted but just couldn't bring myself to part with $175.00 even for a Damascus! I ended up with 2 knifes that should do me just fine. I'll be wishing I had just went ahead and spent the money but there are too many things there to buy.

Didn't make it.

Me and a buddy set out Sat evening, way behind schedule, on our motorcycles. My bike had tail light issues @ 40 miles out. Got that fixed.

Another 20 miles and his bike had it's tail light problems just to be fair. Had to work on that several times.

Finally got to Indianapolis @ midnight. Then my taillight quit again. Pulled into White Castle and got it fixed again. Went to leave there and one of my ignition coils melted. :cursing:
That's when it decided to rain. So we were huddled under a tarp in the rain with bike parts and tools scattered around and wiring pulled out everywhere for a couple hours before I finally figured out the problem. Got it cobbled up enough to run on half the motor and gimped 'er to a motel.
Scrounged up parts to get it goin' but it was too late by then to get to Friendship and back home so we just headed home. :shake:

This weekend is booked. Maybe I'll make it to the fall shoot...
Maybe I'll take the truck... :hmm:

just got back from 4 days of primitive camping and shooting at friendship. Large turnout both primitive and metal tepees. From what I heard the venders were quite happy. monday you could hardly find a place on the primitive firing line. Hated to come home.

leaving before daylight tomorrow. if any of you would like to try some 500 yd. shooting stop by the long range end i will be more than happy to let you shoot mine. takes about 2 seconds to tell if you did it right. i will be there 2 days . might be two georges there, i'll be the one that's not from england. :grin:

I went up Sat the 10th .Went and joined up while there. Picked up a Powder horn and patch knife. Plan on going back up either tomorrow or Sat.
Need to get some Black Powder if it's not sold out.
I'll be wearing my 1st Marine Division Cap.

My wife and I went on Monday and again on Thursday.Hit the flea markets at both ends of town as well as the range.Getting to be a lot of walking for someone who is getting a little long in the tooth,but woudn't miss it for the world.Got resupplied for what little I needed,and drooled over all the great stuff I saw.God willing,will do it again in September.

Went down today and picked up some ram rods and jags plus some six bull targets. Missed out on a nice oak gun building stand, sold out but the maker said he will have more at the fall shoot.

Went down Sunday the 18th and all the vendors had packed up and left except for Flintlocks, Inc. :(
I bought some of Mr. Eder's stuff, waved bye to the hippie flea market next door, and learned not to come on the last day.

Back