• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Forum Woodswalk at Friendship

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool I didn't even notice . Great news on the weather I wish I could be there again this Fall but just too many irons in the fire right now. You Guys be safe and have a good time.

It was still undecided when I had to pack up and leave. Too much going on and I didn't get to shoot with them.
I delivered the trophy plate and hung out with the group for a few minutes. They still had 4 or 5 targets to shoot tho when time ran out for me.
I'm sure we will find out who the winner is soon.

IMG_4550_zpsshlb6wwx.jpg

What a fantastic day at Friendship. Our Forum Woods Walk had quite a twist this time. Jr. Shooter Jake took home the plate with LeonIowa in a tie broken by consecutive hits.

First time woods walker Don Steel showed us all up by cutting the card with his new "left handed" Mike Davis Flintlock.

I was shooting my new 20g Smoothbore which was a blast!. I had one of my better scores using it! As you can see in the photo, it is taller than Tecum-tha (which ain't saying much).

We had perhaps the best weather of any day I have ever experienced at Friendship.

Look forward to seeing everyone in the Spring!

Barry

Congrats to Jake on winning the match! Sorry we could not stay for the woodswalk this time, but we did get to see several of you, and had a great time. Looking forward to seeing everybody next year.

Congrats Jake :hatsoff: that's showing them how to shoot. I just wishihad of been the to get my lesson too :(

Way to shoot Jake! :thumbsup:

Hey, can any of you guys that were there, tell us more about the woodswalk's set up?

How many targets, ranges, size, color and kind of silhouettes, level shots, downhill shots, etc, etc?

As many times as I've been to Friendship, I've never stepped foot on the woodswalk trail.

Thanks for your time, Skychief

Grats Jake! :hatsoff:

Hey, can any of you guys that were there, tell us more about the woodswalk's set up?

How many targets, ranges, size, color and kind of silhouettes, level shots, downhill shots, etc, etc?

It changes a little from year to year...
About 17 targets plus a paper tie-breaker.
Ranges from about 10 to 70 yards.
Sizes from split a playing card to a 1.5 x 2.5 foot steel buffalo.
Charcoal on a string, crossed shish-kabob sticks, several 4" circles inside bigger steel targets, a big donut, a "horseshoe" about the size of a toilet seat, pig, ram, etc...
This year the steel targets were white. They have been blue or orange in the past.
Level or up hill. Level footing or not.
It's a good shoot.

Just go home from Friendship. Congratulations to Jake. He whopped me fair and square with a flintlock. A really fine young man. Had a great time on the woods walk and meeting everyone.
HAY JAKE, I got a few extra pounds of powder for practice for next year. Leon

My thanks to Barry for putting this together and getting the word out.
This was my first Woodswalk...but certainly won't be my last. Jake showed a lot of class and exceptional maturity in competition. A very fine young man...and darn good shooter. Roland...you have a real woods partner there.
Barry reminded us all what a highly motivated skilled individual can do with a smoothbore. He WHACKED those long range steels in a manner that would have made any serving British officer VERY nervous who might have been trying to get back to Boston from Concord. :hatsoff:

"Where you on the woods walk when we were?"

Barry[/quote]

Sure was. Believe your crew was right behind me and my buddy. I was tied with him until I missed that big white donut thingy near the end. I'll look you'ns up next year

Bob

Latest posts

Back