• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flints - who's got the best deal on 'em?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DutchmanDick

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Who knows where the best priced (internet available) gunflints are to be had? I won't know for certain until it arrives, but I have heard that the Middlesex blunderbuss I bought takes 7/8" flints, which are smaller than the ones the Davis lock in my NWTG uses, which means I'll need to get more flints. Track of the Wolf has them at over $1.00 each; DGW is 3 times that much.

Any input?

Contact member Rich Pierce, here. He sells his own flints, made from Missouri Chert, and they are the best "buy" in this country. :thumbsup:

Send him a private message through the forum. He goes by "Rich Pierce". I don' t know about Paypal or credit cards. He'll send you the flints and ask you to try them out. If you're happy just send him a check. If not simply send the flints back to him.

Rich has good flints at a good price. There is a new kid on the block "Eric" that makes some nice ones. He gave out free samples at the Eastern last fall and has had a favorable write up in muzzle blasts as well. :hmm:

Latest posts

Back