• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Double

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knapper

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am interested in building a double barrel flintlock fowler, but I don't know who sells barrels for such a project.

Any suggestions?

Knapper

Ed Rayle sells them all ready breeched and regulated with the standing breech fitted. They run around $1100 to $1500.
I personally use old damascus percussion barrels and rebreech them.

Thanks Mike for the info.

Where can I find old percussion barrels? Can flintlocks be fitted to the stock of a percussion gun for the conversion to avoid rebuilding and inletting a new stock?

And is there a book or website to help me understand how the rebreaching process would work?

I am just getting started in building, so please excuse the simple questions.

Thanks,

Knapper

Hey Knapper,
I purchased Navy Arm's magnum double barrels for their percussion kit. I do not know if they still sell these, but it is worth checking into. The barrels seem to shoot well and the double if one of my favorites.
These of course will take some percussion to flint changes.
Flintlocks Forever

Lar :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the advice. I have got the Brockway book on order, and I will check out Navy Arms barrels.

If you guys run across a good buy on a set of barrels at a gun show and you don't want them for yourself, I will buy them from you. Or if anyone has a set of barrels that they might be willing to part with, let me know as well.

I am not in a real hurry to build the gun, but in my experience the good parts get more scarce as time goes on.

Knapper

Back