• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first shot today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pittsburghunter said:
To FPDoc,

I certainly wasn't trying to imply that you had. My "reply" should have been addressed to the initial poster, not you, Sorry. I was just thinking of things it took me a couple of times to remember when I started with muzzleloaders.

This new lack of telling who is replying to who thing is going to take a bit of getting use to but I understand why Claude did it.

Now I just need to figure out how to tag the quote :rotf:

It is to the left of the reply button.

Hope this helps.
Marc

Marc A said:
Pittsburghunter said:
To FPDoc,

I certainly wasn't trying to imply that you had. My "reply" should have been addressed to the initial poster, not you, Sorry. I was just thinking of things it took me a couple of times to remember when I started with muzzleloaders.

This new lack of telling who is replying to who thing is going to take a bit of getting use to but I understand why Claude did it.

Now I just need to figure out how to tag the quote :rotf:

It is to the left of the reply button.

Hope this helps.
Marc

Got the quote thing fingered out, and again thanks guy.

I don't care for it this way at all. It is really hard to figure out who is replying to who without reading the whole post again.

'Course if ye folks are replying to a previous post you could start off your posts by giving their name.

You know, like

Rebel: I think...

or for folks with long or hard to spell names you might try using some form of abbreviation like Pitt (Pittsburghunter) or RB (roundball) or something like that.
If you are just adding your thoughts with no one special in mind then using the system might be good.

At least maybe now some of the folks who seem to think the old system which used the last posters name for the next reply meant the post was directed directly at them (when it wasn't) might be happy.

you might want to try wiping between shot ala Dutch Schultz method. I do, using a thinner patch material than I patch the ball with. lately I've been shooting REAL slugs (fairly pleased with) and even though you don't have to do that seems my groups are tighter when I do wipe after each shot. I would not do this of course for a quick reload when hunting.

Latest posts

Back